Global adult diaper market is projected to witness a CAGR of 7.5 % during the forecasted period (2019 - 2024).
- The growing geriatric population increased the affordability of diapers, rise in individuals suffering from severe incontinence, and increasing awareness towards improving hygiene conditions are among the primary growth factors for the market.
- Also, the increase of the adult diapers market size is also likely to be positively impacted by the growth in online retail for personal hygiene products. The success of online retailing can be attributed to increased customer outreach, inventory management cost-cutting, and improved product visibility.
- Despite these favorable trends, factors such as lack of awareness and social stigmas associated with incontinence, particularly in underdeveloped countries are anticipated to affect the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
The market has been segmented by gender, distribution channel, and geography. By End-User, the market has been segmented into men, women, and Unisex. By distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarket/hypermarket, convenience stores, Pharmacies/Health Stores stores, Online Stores, and others.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Penetration of E-Commerce Channel
In terms of distribution channel, E-commerce anticipated being the most significant contributor to the increasing consumption due to the increased probability of incontinence among them. In developing economies, key players are taking initiatives to spread awareness and dignify the market with the help of advertisements and promotion campaigns that are helping to increase the acceptance of the adult diaper among the aged population. For instance, in 2017, Friends Adult Diapers which is based in India launched its first ad campaign to spread awareness about adult diaper which can bring about a life-altering change in the lives.
As per reports published by the US Census Bureau, in 2017, the value of e-commerce sales of pharmaceuticals and beauty aids was 35.7 billion U.S. dollars, up from 31.4 billion U.S. dollars in 2016. Therefore, this increase in the online platform is expected to contribute towards the increasing demand for adult diaper further during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Remain the Fastest Growing Market
North America is likely to witness significant market share over the forecast period due to the growing acceptance of adult diaper use among the aged population in countries like the US and Canada. In developing economies, some consumers who are traveling prefer diapers over public toilets, owing to poor conditions of toilets in the countries. Europe region is witnessing the fastest regional markets growth and is expected to remain the same over the forecast period. In Europe, adult diapers are supposed to overtake the baby diapers market owing to the increasing aged population across the region especially in countries like Germany, Italy, Greece, France, etc. In the Asia-Pacific region, Japan is expected to witness significant demand for adult diapers as more than 26.3% of the population is over 65 years oil in the country. Majority of new entrants in the market are focusing to expand their business in emerging economies, especially in Asia-Pacific and South America region.
Global adult diaper market witnesses high competition, with a considerable number of regional and global players. An advanced distribution network gives an upper edge to the manufacturers to expand their range of products across the globe. Moreover, it is crucial for players to continuously innovate to operate and grow in the market due to the rapidly changing consumer demands and preferences. Unicharm Corporation, First Quality Enterprises, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, and Attends Healthcare Products, Inc.are some of the major players offering adult diapers across the globe.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support