“Increasing need for ISR, water quality monitoring and data mapping is a major factor for increasing procurement of Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV), globally”
The unmanned surface vehicle market is expected to grow from USD 470.1 million in 2017 to USD 938.5 million by 2022 at a CAGR of 14.83% from 2017 to 2022. The market for unmanned surface vehicles is driven by factors, such as increasing need for ocean data and mapping, maritime security, and asymmetric threats.
“Defense segment expected to dominate the USV market during the forecast period”
The key applications considered for the market study are commercial and defense. The defense segment is estimated to account for the largest share among all the applications. Unmanned surface vehicles are used for several defense applications, such as mine counter measures, anti-submarine, and maritime security, among others.
“The hybrid segment to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The hybrid segment is projected to grow at the highest growth rate, as these propulsion systems have various advantages over single propulsion such as greater endurance, low noise operations, and greater reliability.
“North America dominates; Europe to grow at the highest rate”
The North American region dominates the unmanned surface vehicle market in 2016, and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. The U.S. is considered to be the largest developer, operator, and exporter of USVs, globally, thereby contributing to the North American unmanned surface vehicle market.
The market in Europe is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This rapid growth can be attributed to the increasing demand from scientific research and survey industries. In this region, maritime threats are continuously increasing which are affecting the transportation of goods and energy. Due to such situations, the demand for USVs is increasing in maritime security area.
“Break-up of profile of primary participants for the Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market”
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 35 %, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 20%
• By Designation – C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
• By Region – North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%, RoW – 5%
The major companies profiled in the report include Autonomous Surface Vehicle Limited (U.K.), Textron Inc. (U.S.), ECA Group (France), Israel Aerospace Industries (Israel), Elbit Systems (Israel), among others.
The study segments the unmanned surface vehicle (USV) market on the basis of application (defense, commercial, scientific research, and others), size (small, medium, large, and extra large), propulsion system (electric system, mechanical system, hybrid, solar, and others), modes of operation (semi-autonomous and autonomous), and payload (sensors, cameras, INS, X-band marine radars, visual systems, SONAR, and others) and maps these segments and sub-segments across major regions, namely, Asia–Pacific, North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Rest of the World. The report provides in-depth market intelligence regarding the market dynamics and the major factors influencing the growth of the unmanned surface vehicle (USV) market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges), along with analysis of micro markets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and their contribution to the unmanned surface vehicle (USV) market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the USV market; high-growth regions and countries and their respective regulatory policies; government initiatives; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on USV offered by the top 10 players in the unmanned surface vehicle market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the USV market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets - the report analyses the markets for USV across regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the unmanned surface vehicle market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the unmanned surface vehicle market