The intraosseous infusion kits market is anticipated to register a CAGR of nearly 7.2%, during the forecast period.
- Certain factors that are driving the market growth include increasing cases of trauma and arthritis, along with the advantages over other routes of drug administrations.
- Intraosseous infusion plays a significant role in the treatment of osteoarthritis. Over the past few years, a technique of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) infiltration for the treatment of severe hip osteoarthritis has been being studied. The technique involves a combined intra-articular and intraosseous infiltration of PRP to reach all joint tissues, especially the subchondral bone, and hence facilitate a greater distribution of PRP.
- In the United Kingdom general practice, around 1% of people age 45 years or more recently have been clinically diagnosed with knee Osteo-Arthritis and 5% have a previously-made diagnosis of OA in another joint (S Vijayan et al, 2015).
- According to the Arthritis Foundation, in 2017, it was estimated that more than half of the Australians were found to have osteoarthritis in the age group of 25 to 64 years. About 10% of the Chinese population is suffering from degenerative joint disease. All these factors are driving the market growth across the world.
Key Market Trends
Sternum Shows Lucrative Growth Opportunity in the Global Intraosseous Infusion Kits Market
- Sternal Intraosseous Infusion (IO) is considered one of the fastest and most convenient ways to access the vascular system and swiftly deliver emergency fluids and medication through the manubrium in the sternum.
- Since people belonging to certain professions, such as the military, need an intraosseous infusion route and device that would enable them to get critical fluids and medications into the bloodstream as quickly and reliably as possible, hence the sternal route is preferred.
- A number of recent clinical evidence indicates the sternal route for intraosseous infusion improves patient outcomes. Therefore, this segment is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
North America Dominates the Global Intraosseous Infusion Kits Market
· The United States had the most significant share of the autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis market in North America, due to the increasing incidence of bone and joint disorders, along with the rising geriatric and obese population.
· As per the latest 2018 data published by the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, approximately 3.5 million athletes are receiving medical treatment due to sports injuries every year in the United States.
· Furthermore, increasing physician and patient awareness about newly introduced treatment procedures and technologies along with the substantial investments by the government for the technologies adopted for easy and rapid drug administration is supporting the growth of the market in North America.
The market is competitive and consists of a few major players. As far as recent developments are concerned, in March 2019, PAVmed Inc. announced that its PortIO Intraosseous Infusion System, which consists of an implantable intraosseous vascular access device and insertion kit, was able to achieve a maintenance-free implant duration of over 60 days in pre-clinical animal testing. Companies, like Aero Healthcare, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Biopsybell, Cook Medical, PAVmed Inc., Persys Medical, Pyng Medical, and Teleflex Inc., hold the substantial market share in the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support