“Enhancing passenger experience is one of the most significant factors driving the inflight entertainment (IFE) market”
The inflight entertainment (IFE) market is projected to grow from an estimated USD 3.18 billion in 2016 to USD 6.91 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 13.80% during the forecast period. This growth is mainly attributed to factors such as the increase in demand for new aircraft and emergence of new technologies. However, the regulatory framework & certification, and increase in the overall weight of aircraft is expected to restrain the growth of this market.
“The narrow body segment is estimated to constitute the largest market share”
By aircraft type, the narrow body segment of the inflight entertainment (IFE) market is estimated to have constituted the largest share in 2016. Increase in demand by regional airliners is one of the driving factors for narrow body aircraft segment, globally. According to Boeing Outlook 2016, the global fleet size of narrow body aircraft is 14,870. The Asia-Pacific region and North America have the largest fleet of narrow body aircraft, with 4,540 and 4,010 aircraft respectively. By the end of 2035, the global fleet size of narrow body aircraft is expected to reach 32,280. The number of narrow body aircraft deliveries from 2016 to 2035 is expected to be 28,140, of which the Asia-Pacific region is expected to account for almost 39.65% of the total expected deliveries by 2035.
“The linefit segment is estimated to have accounted for the largest share of the inflight entertainment (IFE) market”
Based on fit, the linefit segment is estimated to have accounted for the largest share in the inflight entertainment (IFE) market in 2016. Increasing aircraft deliveries is the driver for the linefit segment in the inflight entertainment (IFE) market.
“North America is estimated to have accounted for the largest market share during the forecast period”
Based on region, North America is estimated to have accounted for the largest share of the inflight entertainment (IFE) market in 2016. Some of the major aircraft manufacturers, such as Boeing (U.S.), Bombardier (Canada), Lockheed Martin (U.S.), Bell Helicopter (U.S.), and Sikorsky Aircraft (U.S.), among others are based in this region, and they generate a huge demand for inflight entertainment (IFE). North America is also projected to lead the inflight entertainment (IFE) market during the forecast period, in terms of market share.
Break-up of profile of primary participants in the inflight entertainment (IFE) market:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 30%, Tier 2 – 35%, and Tier 3 – 35%
• By Designation – C Level – 32%, Director Level – 38%, and Others – 30%
• By Region – North America - 27%, Europe – 18%, Asia-Pacific – 46%, and RoW – 9%
Major companies profiled in the report include Thales Group (France), Rockwell Collins, Inc. (U.S.), Gogo LLC (U.S.), Honeywell International, Inc. (U.S.), Zodiac Aerospace (France), and Global Eagle Entertainment (U.S.), among others.
This research report categorizes the inflight entertainment (IFE) market on the basis of aircraft type (narrow body, wide body, very large body, and business jets), fit (linefit, and retrofit), and product type (IFE hardware, IFE connectivity & communication, and IFE content). These segments and subsegments are further mapped across major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and rest of the world.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses —industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the inflight entertainment (IFE) market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on inflight entertainment (IFE)s offered by top players in the market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the inflight entertainment (IFE) market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative markets – the report analyzes the inflight entertainment (IFE) market across varied regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the inflight entertainment (IFE) market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the inflight entertainment (IFE) market