The demand on, and importance of, agriculture has been significantly increasing over the decades. Agricultural process needs inputs, such as land, water, light, energy, fertilizer, machinery, and labor. The irrigation system market gained importance due to the increasing need for water harvesting and decreasing time and labor input for agriculture industry. Since the beginning of agriculture, farmers had to constantly cope with different climatic conditions. This led to the development of the greenhouse irrigation system market. Greenhouse technology provides favorable climatic conditions to plants. This technology can be understood as a building where plants are grown under controlled micro environment.
Regulatory bodies are taking steps to generate awareness about this technology. The various advantages of using greenhouse technology are:
• 15-17 times increase in yield compared to outdoor cultivation
• Increase in production year round due to favorable climatic conditions
• Efficiency in utilization of chemicals and pesticides to control plant diseases
• Increase in quality of produce
The global greenhouse irrigation system market is projected to reach USD 1.3 billion by 2020. In 2014, the market was dominated by Asia-Pacific, followed by Europe. The Asia-Pacific market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR owing to rapid growth in land area under greenhouses in the region.
The report provides both qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market. It includes market dynamics, opportunities, trends, competitive strategies preferred by key market players, and market drivers and restraints.
The market has been segmented on the basis of application, type, and geography. Drip irrigation, micro sprinkler irrigation, and boom irrigation systems are the segments based on different types of greenhouse irrigation system. In 2014, drip irrigation held the largest share of the global greenhouse irrigation system market. On the basis of application, the market has been segmented into vegetables, flowers & ornamentals, nursery crops, and fruits plants. The vegetables application segment dominated the global greenhouse irrigation system market in 2014. The market has also been analyzed for the following regions: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and rest of the world (RoW). Asia-Pacific has the largest land area under greenhouse irrigation system in 2014.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insightful perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis, market share analysis of top players, company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high growth segments of the global greenhouse irrigation systems market, high-growth regions, countries, and their respective regulatory policies, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market share.
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on greenhouse irrigation systems offered by the top 10 players in the global market
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various types and applications of greenhouse irrigation systems across the world
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in greenhouse irrigation system market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players