The electronic warfare market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.61% during the forecast period.
The electronic warfare market is projected to grow from an estimated USD 24.20 billion in 2017 to USD 30.32 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 4.61% from 2017 to 2022. Electronic warfare refers to the use of electromagnetic spectrum to attack an enemy or counter an enemy attack. The rise in defense expenditures, combined with increasing R&D activities to develop advanced electronic warfare products capable of countering enemy attacks, is expected to propel the growth of the electronic warfare market across the globe. On the other hand, traditional warfare systems being procured by developing countries rather than electronic warfare systems can act as a restraint for the market.
Based on platform, the airborne-based EW segment is estimated to lead the electronic warfare market in 2017.
Based on platform, the airborne-based EW segment is estimated to lead the electronic warfare market in 2017. This is mainly due to the high adoption of modern electronic warfare systems for airborne platforms such as fighter jets and ISR aircraft as well as unmanned aircraft. These platforms are being equipped with advanced attack and countermeasure electronic warfare systems.
Based on capability, the electronic support segment is estimated to lead the electronic warfare market in 2017.
Based on capability, the electronic support segment is estimated to lead the electronic warfare market in 2017. This is mainly attributed to the extensive use of electronic support measures by defense forces to obtain situational awareness of the battlefield for threat evaluation.
Based on product, the EW equipment is estimated to lead the electronic warfare market in 2017.
Based on products, the EW equipment is estimated to lead the electronic warfare market in 2017. EW products include all the major products in the electronic warfare market that are used for electronic support, electronic attack, and electronic protection. These products are being equipped in various military platforms for attack and defense using electromagnetic spectrum.
North America is estimated to lead the electronic warfare market in 2017.The North America region is estimated to lead the electronic warfare market in 2017. Countries in this region include the US and Canada. The US has the world’s highest military budget and a large amount of its military spending goes into procuring electronic warfare systems. This factor contributes to the large market share of North America in the electronic warfare market.
Break-up of profiles of primary participants for this report:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45%, Tier 3 – 20%
• By Designation: C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
• By Region: North America – 40%, Europe – 20%, Asia Pacific – 10%, RoW – 30%
Some of the key players in the electronic warfare market include BAE Systems (UK), Harris (US), Raytheon (US), Northrop Grumman (Germany), Lockheed Martin (US), and Boeing (US).
The study segments the electronic warfare market based on capability (electronic support, electronic attack, electronic protection), platform (airborne-based EW, naval-based EW, ground-based EW, space-based EW), and product (EW equipment, electronic warfare operational support) and maps these segments and subsegments across major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Rest of the World (RoW). The report provides in-depth market intelligence regarding the market dynamics and major factors that influence the growth of the electronic warfare market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges), along with an analysis of micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and their contribution to the electronic warfare market.
Reasons to buy the report:
From an insight perspective, the electronic warfare market report focuses on various levels of analyses — industry analysis, market share analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, high-growth regions, and countries, and their respective regulatory policies, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The electronic warfare market report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information regarding the competitive landscape in the electronic warfare market
• Market Sizing: Market size in the financial year 2015-2016 and projection of the market size from 2017 to 2022
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the electronic warfare market
• Market Overview: Market dynamics and subsequent analyses of associated trends, drivers, restraints, and opportunities prevailing in the electronic warfare market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative markets by analyzing markets for electronic warfare systems across various regions
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the electronic warfare market
• Regional Analysis: Factors influencing market shares of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Rest of the World
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading market players