The C4ISR Market is projected to grow with a CAGR of more than 3.5% during the forecast period.
- The control, command, communications, computer, intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance (C4ISR) market is growing owing to factors like growing terrorism, threats from adversaries, and increasing global territorial tensions around the world.
- With the growing demand for asymmetric warfare along with increasing demand for advanced technologies like network-centric battle management and unmanned vehicles is expected to accelerate the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- The increasing investments towards the integration of advanced technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence into C4ISR solutions to enhance the efficiency and situational awareness of the military personnel are expected to propel the market growth in the coming years.
- The C4ISR market is highly fragmented with many international and regional players supporting the armed forces around the world.
Key Market Trends
Air Segment Currently Dominates the Market in Terms of Market Share
The air segment of the market currently dominates the market and is expected to continue its dominance over the market during the forecast period. This is mainly due to the procurement of advanced aircraft as well as the development of integration of advanced solutions onboard aircraft to increase situational awareness of the pilots. Currently, companies are investing into the development of a new generation of radars with higher bandwidth and greater reliability, and efficiency that can detect small targets and support advanced weaponry. In July 2019, Raytheon was selected as Boeing a supplier of radar systems for the B-52 bomber radar modernization program for the US Air Force. The low rate initial production is scheduled to begin in 2024. Similarly, in June 2020, Airbus was selected to integrate and install Captor-E (AESA radar) onboard Eurofighter aircraft currently in service of German and Spanish armed forces. The contract is scheduled to be completed by 2023. The rapid growth in investment into upgrading capabilities of the aircraft is expected to accelerate the growth of the market.
North America Region Holds Highest Share in 2019
North America is a highly matured market with advanced infrastructure and it currently holds a large share of the market. The market in North America is mainly driven by the United States defense procurement programs and investment into R&D on new solutions. The US government is currently focusing on expansion and modernization of the existing fleet land, air and sea platforms with advanced communication and situational awareness systems. For instance, in February 2019, Raytheon was awarded a USD 406 million indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract to supply ARC-231A radio systems to various rotary-wing aircraft of the US Army including the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, UH-72 Lakota utility helicopter and the UH-60 Black Hawk. The contract is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2024. Similarly, Canada also has plans to invest significantly on procurement of battlespace situational awareness tools, navigation systems and portable communications systems among others in the coming years. Such modernization plans to enhance the capabilities of the armed forces in the region are expected to propel the growth of the market in the region.
The market of C4ISR is highly fragmented with many players in the market which take a small share of the market. Some of the prominent players in the C4ISR market are Lockheed Martin Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, L3Harris Technologies Inc, BAE Systems plc, and General Dynamics Corporation. The companies are formulating new strategies to expand their presence in various regions and capture new contracts from the armed forces. Currently, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems is making efforts to increase its presence in Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with its BNET family of software-defined radios, owing to the growing demand for digitized communications systems in the regions. In addition to such plans, investments into R&D for development command and control systems, communication systems, and surveillance systems integrated with advanced technologies is also anticipated to help the companies increase their share in the market in the coming years.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support