The Asia-Pacific Riot Control Equipment Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
- The increasing dissatisfaction against the local governments in countries, like Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, and Malaysia is leading to increase in major violence and riots, which is generating the demand for riot control equipment market in this region.
- Technological advancements, in terms of less lethal weapons, and along with unmanned aerial vehicles for surveillance and offensive purposes, like dropping low-velocity ammunition, pepper sprays are expected to provide growth opportunities for the market in the years to come.
- These factors will continue to drive the demand for the market, as law enforcement agencies try to reduce fatalities and casualties in such events, which is expected to increase the demand for Asia-Pacific riot control equipment market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Law Enforcement Segment to Dominate the Market
Currently, the law enforcement segment is experiencing the highest growth in the market and is anticipated to continue its dominance during the forecast period. The geopolitical conflicts in the region are encouraging the procurement and deployment of riot control equipment by law enforcement agencies. With the escalating tensions in the Kashmir Valley and protests all over India during the last decade, the demand for riot control equipment has increased. Also, occasional riots and civil unrest; such as demonstrations and protests in cities in eastern China, have led to the police forces resorting to the use of less-lethal weapons, which, collectively, shall have a positive impact on the growth of the market. There have been grants by the governments for use of advanced non-lethal weapons in case of emergencies. The ongoing R&D of new crowd dispersal technologies is also envisioned to create a favorable outlook for the market.
China to Dominate the Market
China is one of the biggest emerging economies globally but is marred by several protests and demonstrations that often turn violent and result in loss of life and property. However, the enforcement agencies in the country are woefully underequipped, which sometimes results in unwanted casualties. The labor-related, environmental, and educational issues have led to the police forces resorting to the use of less-lethal ammunition, which has attributed to the positive outlook of the market in focus. China is conducting extensive R&D to develop sophisticated riot control equipment that can tackle huge mobs without endangering the lives of law enforcement personnel. For instance, in September 2019, China designed a sonic weapon that can selectively target individuals or groups in a crowd, leaving them unable to control muscle movement and render them easy pickings for riot police to round up. The procurement of new weaponry, combined with the ongoing R&D for developing sophisticated riot control equipment, is anticipated to drive the China segment of the market in focus during the forecast period.
The prominent players in the Asia-Pacific Riot control equipment market are Combined Systems, Inc., Condor Non-Lethal Technologies, Axon (Taser International Inc.), Safariland, LLC, and Lamperd, Inc. Mergers and acquisitions between the market players in the recent past have helped the companies strengthen their market presence. For instance, in May 2018, VIEVU, which is a subsidiary of Safariland, LLC was acquired by Axon Enterprise, Inc. As part of the agreement, Safariland and Axon entered into a 10-year agreement under which Safariland will become the preferred holster provider for Axon’s TASER Conducted Electric Weapons (CEW).
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support