The Asia-Pacific biopesticides market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period. The regional market growth depends on the need for land productivity of agricultural fields, while keeping soil health intact. The requirement for high crop productivity and production with high quality, evolving agricultural practices, and precision farming has been driving the market growth for biopesticides in Asia-Pacific. The region is promoting the usage of microbial pesticides, as opposed to chemical fertilizer and pesticides, in order to balance the agricultural sector growth required to sustain its large-scale production.
Key Market Trends
Easy Registration Procedure
- Given that biopesticides tend to pose fewer risks than chemical pesticides, the EPA generally requires fewer data to register a biopesticide than to register a chemical pesticide. As a result, new biopesticides are often registered in less than a year, as compared chemical pesticides that needs an average span of more than three years.
- To promote the use of biopesticides, developing countries have simplified the requirement for the registration of biopesticides. These countries are also providing grants for R&D and production unit setups. All these activities are creating an opportunity for the development of the biopesticide market.
- Moreover, the registration of microbial pesticides is similar in many other countries. These processes have evolved from the existing requirements of chemical pesticides, but have been modified to take account of the biological nature of the active ingredients involved.
China Dominates the Market
- The Chinese market for biopesticides is expected to register a CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast period. As a part of China’s plan of zero growth of pesticide consumption till 2020, greater efforts are made for the development of biopesticides, to lessen the dependence on harmful chemical pesticides and to enhance sustainable agriculture in the country.
- The first rank in the field of biopesticides R&D, worldwide, was recently claimed by China. Therefore, the country already possesses a complete system of biopesticides, including microbial pesticides, biochemical pesticides, botanical pesticides, agricultural antibiotics, and biological pest control.
- Despite relatively weak commercialization, China’s registration of biopesticides is rising continuously. Additionally, the registration of microbial pesticides is witnessing a large increase in the recent times.
- The swelling cost of chemical inputs, their adverse effect on soil health and environment, and the increasing awareness regarding balanced plant nutrition are the major factors driving the market demand in the country. The country is adopting the use of microbial pesticides for seed treatments, to strengthen crop productivity at an early stage.
- In the Asia-Pacific biopesticides market, companies are not only competing based on product quality and promotion, but are also focused on strategic moves to hold larger market shares. New product launches, partnerships, and acquisitions are the major strategies adopted by the leading companies in the global biopesticides market.
- Moreover, companies are investing heavily in developing new products and are collaborating, as well as acquiring, other companies, which is expected to increase their market shares and strengthen R&D activities.
- Apart from innovations and expansions, investing in R&D and developing bio-based product portfolios are also likely to be the crucial strategies over the forecast period. Furthermore, involvement in agreements with other biopesticides and technology providing companies is one of the most prominent strategies followed by market leaders in the global biopesticides market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support