The zygomatic and pterygoid implants market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period.
- Zygomatic and pterygoid implants are used when the patient has insufficient quality or quantity of bone to anchor implants of regular dimensions. For patients suffering from severe maxillary resorption, extensive grafting procedures take long treatment time and the alternate method is to anchor an implant into the zygomatic bone and this implant provides better patient satisfaction and allows patients to return to a normal quality of life. The zygomatic implant has become the implant of choice for cases of severely resorbed maxilla.
- Pterygoid implant insertion is an alternative method for grafting procedures or to avoid sinus-lifting to treat the posterior maxilla. Pterygoid implants have high success rates due to minimal complications and good patient acceptance. Increasing geriatric population increases the incidence of dental ailments and injuries, and proven advantageous procedures with implants as against conventional substitutes are the key driving factors for the zygomatic and pterygoid implants market.
Key Market Trends
The Severe Atrophy of Maxillary Bone Segment is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share by Application in the Zygomatic and Pterygoid Implants Market
- Severe atrophy of maxillary bone is due to bone pneumatization and resorption of maxillary sinus which is a common condition in older population. Zygomatic implant placement is a highly predictable procedure with a high success rate in restoration of atrophic jaws, without need for complex bone augmentation procedures.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), by 2050, one in six people in the world will be over 65 years of age (16%), up from one in 11 in the year 2019 (9%).
- The severe atrophy of maxillary bone segment holds a major market share, and it is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
- Rising geriatric population and increasing incidence of dental ailments and injuries are the key driving factors for the severe atrophy of maxillary bone segment.
Europe is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market and is Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
Europe is expected to hold a major market share in the global zygomatic and pterygoid implants market, due to the increasing geriatric population leading to rise in incidence rates of dental ailments and injuries. By 2050, one in four people living in the European and Northern American regions could be aged 65 or over and the number of persons aged over 80 years of age is projected to be triple, from 143 million in 2019 to 426 million by 2050. Moreover, the high adoption rates of new technologies and favorable reimbursements for dental implantation are also fueling the growth of the overall regional market to a large extent.
The zygomatic and pterygoid implants market is moderately consolidated and consists of few players. In terms of market share, few of the major players are currently dominating the market. Some of the companies which are currently dominating the market are Straumann Holding AG, Noris Medical, S.I.N. Implant System, Southern Implants, and IDC Implant & Dental Company.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support