The United Arab Emirates color cosmetics market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- Rising consciousness about appearance among the younger generation, product improvements in color cosmetics, growing beauty, and personal care sector, owing to increasing concerns about reducing age-related skin imperfections and improving quality of lifestyles, are driving the market for color cosmetics.
- In support of this, attractive packaging, increasing consumer health awareness about personal care, and growing fashion trends are expected to drive the market for color cosmetics.
- Furthermore, sales of color cosmetics through e-commerce is also anticipated to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Per Capita Expenditure on Cosmetic Products
There has been an increasing emphasis on looking polished and well put together among residents in the United Arab Emirates, which has resulted in increasing per capita expenditure on cosmetic products. As consumers are spending considerably more, there is substantial demand for different cosmetics such as organic and halal. The organic and halal beauty segments have grown significantly in the past couple of years.
Earlier, there wasn't much of a distinction between the halal beauty and organic skincare segments, but many international brands have now researched the needs of consumers and have launched product lines that seek to cater to the demand in both segments. Consumers in the UAE are strongly inclining towards French beauty products, which are known for their high quality. French beauty and skincare brands are highly trusted in the industry and a growth in their demand is seen among consumers in the country.
Growing Sales Through Online Channels
The United Arab Emirates is making rapid strides as the fastest growing e-commerce market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), according to a joint study by Dubai Economy and global payments technology company Visa. Social media continues to become ever more influential, with a growing number of players using blogs, tutorials, and grassroots marketing to promote their brands.
Consumers are increasingly purchasing products after viewing information on social media websites and blogs. The number of consumers regularly purchasing products via the internet will continue to grow over the coming years. Despite the widespread popularity of mall shopping in the United Arab Emirates, a growing number of brand owners are looking to promote their image and products via the internet.
The leading players in the United Arab Emirates cosmetics products market enjoy a dominant presence. Brand loyalty is a high-impact factor, with the quality of ingredients being a prime parameter. The major international players have a strong focus on quality and this attribute plays a pivotal role in brand positioning. Companies are increasing their investments in R&D and marketing and expanding their distribution channels to maintain their position in the market and to offer innovative products.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support