“The timing devices market estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.27% between 2017 and 2022”
The timing devices market is expected to be worth USD 5.92 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.27% between 2017 and 2022. The key factors contributing to the growth of the timing devices market are the increasing demand for mobile devices, growing adoption of advanced automotive electronics, and rise in demand for healthcare and medical equipment. In addition, the market is driven by the rapidly expanding consumer electronics industry. However, constant development in the oscillator technology acts as a restraint for the growth of the timing devices market.
“The consumer electronics applications expected to hold the largest size of the market during the forecast period”
Consumer electronics applications are among the prominent end users of the timing devices followed by telecommunications and networking application. The proliferation of consumer electronic devices, especially smartphones, has revolutionized the consumer electronics industry. The growing demand for portable electronic gadgets such as smartphones, tablet PCs, and laptops has led to the rapid adoption of various supporting components, such as timing devices, in these gadgets. The reduction in the size of these devices owing to the advancements in MEMS technology, as well as factors such as reduced power consumption and low-cost solutions, has further increased the rate of adoption of the timing devices. Thus, this market is likely to witness increased growth between 2017 and 2022.
“Timing devices market in APAC expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing market for the timing devices. APAC specifically comprises China, Japan, South Korea, and India. APAC is the largest producer and consumer of consumer electronics such as smartphones, laptops, and TVs; thus, the demand for consumer electronics is growing at a high pace in this region. In addition, the increased adoption of wearables and Internet of Things, and the rapid growth of mobile infrastructure in countries such as China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and India are expected to drive the market for timing devices in APAC. Moreover, leading timing devices manufacturing companies such as Seiko Epson Corporation (Japan), Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co., Ltd. (Japan), TXC Corporation (Taiwan), Kyocera Corporation (Japan), and Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Japan) are based in the APAC region. Hence, the market in APAC is likely to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key industry people. The breakup of the profile of primary participants is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 = 55%, Tier 2 = 20%, and Tier 3 = 25%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives = 34%, Directors = 27%, and Others = 39%
• By Region: North America = 18%, Europe = 15%, APAC = 55%, and RoW = 12%
The key market players profiled in the report are as follows:
• Seiko Epson Corporation (Japan)
• Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co., Ltd. (Japan)
• TXC Corporation (Taiwan)
• Kyocera Corporation (Japan)
• Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Japan)
• Rakon Limited (New Zealand)
• Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (US)
• Knowles Corporation (Vectron International, (US)
• Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan)
• Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (US)
• Texas Instruments (US)
• Microchip Technology Inc. (US)
• IQD Frequency Products Ltd. (UK)
• The market is segmented on the basis of type into oscillators (MEMS oscillators and crystal oscillators), resonators, clock generators, clock buffers, and jitter attenuators.
• The market is segmented on the basis of material into crystal, ceramic, and silicon.
• The market is segmented on the basis of application into consumer electronics, telecommunications, automotive, military and defense, industrial, and medical and healthcare.
• The geographic analysis of the market is done with regard to four major regions: North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW.
Reasons to Buy This Report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, and value chain analysis; and company profiles that discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the timing devices market, high-growth regions, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market penetration: Comprehensive information on various types of timing devices offered by the top players in the overall timing devices market.
• Product development/innovation: Detailed insights regarding R&D activities, emerging technologies, and new product launches in the timing devices market.
• Market development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for timing devices across regions.
• Market diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the overall timing devices market.
• Competitive assessment: In-depth assessment of market ranking analysis, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the timing devices market.