“The semiconductor IP market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.87% between 2017 and 2022”
The semiconductor IP market is in a growth phase and is expected to grow further in the coming years. The market is expected to be worth USD 6.22 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 4.87% between 2017 and 2023. The drivers for this market are the advancement in multicore technology for consumer electronics sector, increasing demand for modern SoC designs, rising chip design cost and expenditure and growing demand for connected devices. However, IP thefts, counterfeits, and conflicts on the global semiconductor IP market is likely to be a major challenge for this market.
“The semiconductor IP market for memory IP is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The market for memory IP is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the market for memory IP is attributed to the need for high-speed, low-power-consuming, and highly scalable memory devices as well as to the growing demand for memory in connected and wearable devices.
“The semiconductor IP market for the automotive vertical is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The automotive sector is offering incredible growth prospects to the semiconductor industry and the semiconductor IP market owing to the increasing application of all the form factors such as memory, processor, interface, and analog systems in safety applications, prominently, as well as in drive assistance, navigation system, parking sensors, and energy-efficiency applications. The boom in semiconductor IP market for automotive is because of autonomous and electric vehicle penetration.
“APAC is expected to be the fastest-growing semiconductor IP market during the forecast period”
The semiconductor IP market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the increasing investment in the semiconductor industry and higher consumption rate of consumer electronics in the region. The telecom and automotive verticals are also playing a significant role in the growth of the semiconductor IP market in the region.
Breakdown of profile of primary participants:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 = 20 %, Tier 2 = 25%, and Tier 3 = 55%
• By Designation: C-level Executives = 40%, Directors = 25%, and Managers = 35%
• By Region: Americas = 20%, Europe = 25%, APAC = 50%, and RoW = 5%
The major players in the semiconductor IP market are Arm Limited (UK), Cadence (US), Synopsys (US), Imagination Technologies (UK), Lattice Semiconductor (US), CEVA (US), Rambus (US), Mentor (US), Ememory Technology (Taiwan), and Sonics (US), among others. Most of the leading companies have followed the organic growth strategy of product launches to boost the revenue of the company.
The semiconductor IP market has been segmented on the basis of design IP, IP source, vertical, and geography. The study covers the verticals such as consumer electronics, telecom, industrial, automotive commercial, and others. The report also forecasts the market size for various segments with regard to 4 main regions—the Americas, Europe, APAC, and RoW. This report describes the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the growth of the semiconductor IP market. The competitive landscape section offers the DIVE matrix that divides the top 25 players into 4 quadrants based on their strength of product portfolio and business strategy excellence.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the semiconductor IP market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and those of the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
3. This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions in the semiconductor IP market.