The market for perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing oil and gas activities.
- Emerging applications in the optical fiber industry are likely to act as an opportunity.
- North America dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from United States.
Key Market Trends
Semiconductors Segment to Contribute Significant Demand to the Market
- The semiconductor industry is heavily dependent on PFA coatings as these coatings can hold and transport the harsh chemicals used in the manufacturing process.
- The integrated circuits of semiconductors are manufactured using processes such as photolithography, etching, cleaning, thin film deposition, and polishing. It takes some 270 chemicals and gasses to produce an integrated circuit.
- Many of these are extremely corrosive which include nitric acid, hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid, and ozone. Metals will corrode when exposed to these chemicals, producing unacceptable levels of particulates and equipment failures, but PFA coatings provide efficient solutions where excellent electrical properties, high ionic purity and the ability to withstand a wide range of temperatures is essential.
- The ultra-pure grade PFA coatings are well suited for applications in the semiconductor industry where it is used in the manufacture of wafer carriers, tubing, fittings and pump parts which are optimal for transporting high-purity chemicals in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Special grades of PFA coatings are being developed to meet the rigorous demands of the semiconductor industry which is involved in the production of electronic equipment such as personal computers, cellular phones, LCD, plasma and LED displays.
- Such factors are likely to increase the demand for the market over the forecast period.
North America Region to Dominate the Market
- North America represented the largest regional market for global perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) coatings market.
- This immense demand for perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) coatings is a consequence of the growing trends of fiber optics, chemical processing and oil & gas industries in the region. In North America, the United States provides the major market for the perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) coatings with more than 80% of the regional market share.
- The development of shale gas has created a definitive advantage for US chemical manufacturing.
- Looking ahead over the next five years, production from the unprecedented investment in US chemical manufacturing will continue to come online, with the largest gains expected in the forecast period.
- This scenario is expected to increase the demand for perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) coatings in the nearby future.
- The large market size coupled with the huge growth of North America is quite instrumental in the expansion of the global perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) coatings market.
The perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) coatings market is partially consolidated. Major players include AGC Inc., Polyfluor Plastics bv, DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd., The Chemours Company, 3M, and Solvay, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support