The growth is attributed to respiratory diseases, such as respiratory infections, asthma, lung cancer, and COPDs, and the availability of well-established healthcare infrastructure.
- Chronic respiratory diseases are found to affect the airways and other parts of the lungs for a long period of time. Respiratory symptoms are among the major reasons of consultation with doctors and physicians in primary health care centers. Some of the major preventable chronic respiratory disorders are asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), allergic rhinitis, sleep apnea, and tuberculosis (principally, multi-drug resistant tuberculosis).
- In Canada, over 3.8 million individuals had asthma in 2019, as per 2019 annual asthma survey report. Due to the high incidence of asthma in Canada, the demand of respiratory monitoring devices expected to rise over the forecast period.
- According to data by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cigarette smoking is the leading cause of death in the United States. Tobacco consumption kills more than 4,80,000 Americans each year, with more than 41,000 of these deaths due to exposure to secondhand smoke.
- In addition, smoking-related illness in the United States accounts for more than USD 300 billion a year, including nearly USD 170 billion in direct medical care for adults and USD 156 billion in lost productivity. A large number of the teenager's group has also been found to be affected by tobacco smoking.
Key Market Trends
Spirometers Projected to Register Significant Growth
- Spirometer is a medical device, which is used to measure the proper functioning of lungs, where the volume of air inhaled and exhaled from the lungs is measured after maximum inhalation by the patient.
- Spirometer helps in the identification of different respiratory diseases, such as bronchitis, chronic lung diseases that are obstructive, emphysema, asthma, and other breathing diseases, for screening in an occupational environment.
- The factors such as technological advancements in the spirometers, growing preference of home healthcare and recent product launches are expected to bolster the spirometers segment over the forecast period.
- Also market players are focusing on the development and launch of new spirometers in the market. For instance, in April 2018, NuvoAir launched Air Next, which is most advanced home-use spirometers.
- Another market player Henry Schein Medical, in June 2018 announced the availability of the Henry Schein EasyOne Air spirometer, a new all-in-one solution in lung function testing that can potentially improve recognition and diagnosis of COPD.
During 2018, Henry Schein Medical launched Henry Schein EasyOne Air spirometer, a new all-in-one solution that potentially improves the recognition and diagnosis of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). The industry players are focusing on the introduction of devices with increased portability, connectivity, and capabilities, such as electronic medical record integration. Key market players include Airsep Corporation, Draegerwerk, Fisher & Paykel, GE Healthcare, Getinge AB, Hamilton Medical, Koninklijke Philips NV, Medtronic PLC, and ResMed, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support