The increasing utilization of smart electronics displays such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops has formed a predominant share of these products in the multi-touch technology market. The growing focus on multi-user displays, such as vertical screens and multi-touch tables are enabling the growth of the market. These devices help multiple users to collaboratively work over a single device.
- The major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are establishing their units in the developing countries, as they provide cheap labor and availability of raw materials at a lower cost. However, the high cost of touch screen panels is restraining the growth of the market.
- Additionally, the retail industry is using interactive multi-touch displays for branding and customer engagement strategies in developed regions such as North America and Europe. Interactive kiosks and table displays are examples of multi-touch technologies in these markets.
Scope of the Report
A multi-touch display is an updated version of single-touch display, which can function through multiple touch points of the screen. Users can use multiple fingers and gesture to navigate on these types of screens. Toady’ tablets, smartphones, laptops and other electronic devices are equipped with multi-touch technologies.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Use of Consumer Electronics is Driving the Demand
- Surge in digitalization and increased sales of smartphones and personal computers have created a potential space for multi-touch technology in the global market. Decreasing cost of high-end electronics product and growing preference to adopt updated technology is primarily driving the market for consumer electronics in various parts of the globe.
- Specifically, in developed economies including South Korea, Israel, Nether Lands, Sweden, U.S., UK, Germany, Spain, Australia, Japan, and many others smartphone adoption is found to be more than 70% of the total population. Developing nations like India, China, and Brazil possess high potential for market development in the coming years.
Asia-Pacific Projected to be the Fastest Growing Market
- Asia-Pacific region has seen rapid growth in the multi-touch technology market and is expected to sustain the growth over the forecast period. Rapid urbanization has resulted in an increase in the disposable income of the people in the Asia-Pacific Region, which is letting the consumers spend on new technologies.
- Growing awareness of the internet of things (IoT) and increasing adoption of smart technologies are creating more opportunities in the region. High population and digitalization have resulted in the growth of the smartphones market in the region.
- Moreover, most of the major smartphone manufacturers, such as Samsung, Xiaomi, One Plus, Panasonic, Huawei, etc., hail from this region. As the multi-touch technology finds its applications in smartphones and various other smart devices, the multi-touch technology market in Asia-Pacific is expected to have significant growth over the forecast period.
The multi-touch technology market is a fragmented one with presence of various global as well as regional players such as 3M, A D Metro Inc., DMC CO.,LTD., Dongguan Cloudtop Electronic Technology Co., Ltd., Fujitsu Limited, GestureTek, Ideum, Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., TouchNetix Limited and many others. Most of these players are involved in several strategic developments including mergers, acquisitions, new product launch and market expansion to gain a competitive edge in the market.
- January 2018 - Cypress Semiconductor Corp. introduced a new automotive capacitive touch screen controller that delivers advanced next-generation systems for infotainment usage. The technology has the capability to detect finger movements up to 35 mm above the screen and force touch capability to provide accurate measurement of independent fingers movements.
- February 2018 - Panasonic Corporation launched “ShadowSense”, a high-end multi-touch interactive display technology to enhance its product offering in the multi-touch technology market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support