The Middle-East and Africa consumer battery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5.62% over the period of 2020 - 2025. The Middle-East and Africa consumer battery market is driven by declining lithium-ion battery prices, and increasing sales in portable electronic devices across the region. However, the demand-supply mismatch of raw materials is likely to hinder the market growth.
- The lithium-ion battery (LIB) is expected to witness significant growth in the market during the forecast period due to its high electrode potential, high charge, and favorable capacity-to-weight ratio.
- The healthcare industry is focusing on designing technology that is less intrusive and more portable for home use, which has led to an increase in demand for smaller devices, such as oxygen concentrators, ventilators, that, in turn, are expected to create market opportunities for consumer battery manufacturers.
- The United Arab Emirates is expected to dominate the market, owing to its purchase of consumer electronics, including smartphones and the diverse population of the country.
Key Market Trends
Lithium-ion Batteries to Witness Significant Growth
- The unique properties have made lithium-ion batteries the power sources for many consumer electronics manufacturers, with a production of the order of billions of units per year. Historically, the lithium market has been driven by battery demand - particularly from consumer electronics.
- The price of LIB is usually high, as compared to other batteries. However, leading players in the market have been investing, in order to gain economies of scale and in R&D activities, to improve LIB's performance and price.
- Lithium-ion batteries find application in a wide range of consumer goods, like smartphones, wearables, laptops, digital cameras, remote controls, and gaming devices.
- Lithium-ion batteries are safer and have higher capacity power packs and are more economical than other alternatives for long-term use.
- Also, Li-ion batteries have a low self-discharge rate when not in use, which ensures a long battery life. Therefore, li-ion batteries are widely preferred for portable consumer electronic devices.
- This, in turn, is expected to boost the demand for lithium-ion batteries in the Middle-east and Africa region during the forecast period.
The United Arab Emirates to Dominate the Market
- The United Arab Emirates is likely to witness significant demand over the forecast period due to the increasing adoption of consumer electronic goods which, in turn, is expected to boost the overall consumer battery demand i.e. both primary and secondary, in the country.
- The increasing usage of battery-powered electric appliances, such as lamps, battery changer, etc. which, in turn, increases the usage of consumer batteries in the United Arab Emirates.
- Over the years, the country has remained home to residents with high purchasing power, resulting in the high sale of consumer electronics such as watches, cameras, remote controls, resulting in increased demand for consumer batteries.
- As of March 2019, the total number of active mobile subscriptions in the United Arab Emirates was estimated to be 21,142,459. With the increasing number of active mobile subscribers in the country compared to 2018, the telecom sector is expected to drive the consumer battery market.
- Therefore, from the above factors, it is evident that the United Arab Emirates is anticipated to dominate the consumer battery market in the Middle-East and Africa region.
The Middle-East and Africa consumer battery market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market SEBANG Global Battery Co. Ltd., ATLASBX Co., Ltd., Samsung SDI Co. Ltd, LG Chem Ltd, and Chloride Egypt S.A.E.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support