The Middle East & Africa rice protein market is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 5.76% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The changing consumer lifestyles, evolving eating habits, and rigorous R&D on increasing demand for natural ingredients due to increasing consumer awareness are the prime reasons for the inflated demand for rice protein in the region.
- The health benefits associated with the rice protein also plays a vital role in the growth of the market and its increased application.
- The lifestyle modification has led to the consumers swaying away from conventional protein sources like whey, wheat protein, and soy protein that often lead to allergies to safer protein options in order to compensate for the daily required protein intake. Thus, the rising demand for less allergy-causing ingredients in processed foods is expected to drive the market in the region well in near future.
Key Market Trends
The Popularization of Functional Foods is Likely to Foster the Market Growth
Brown rice protein is hypoallergenic and its appeal is because of the easy digestibility. Different protein sources are digested and metabolized at various rates. Brown Rice Protein gets to work quickly making it ideal for post-workout recovery. Unlike some vegan protein sources which may have strong and distinctive flavors that may be difficult for some users, rice protein powder has a very subtle and familiar taste that makes it suitable to be used in a variety of functional food products to improve their nutritional profile.
Moreover, it contains high amounts of many essential amino acids and also promotes blood sugar balance. Brown Rice protein is also a powerful anti-oxidant which further makes it worth incorporating into different food products. Thus, to analyze the caliber of the ingredient, the market is likely to witness considerable growth in the near future with extensive application in functional food and beverages which are gaining popularity in the Gulf countries.
Saudi Arabia's Share Dominates the Regional Market
Saudi Arabia is a country of a strong economy and the consumers have a high disposable income. The young adults of the country are economically stable and are much interested to try new and healthier food products, being under a strong influence of the Western culture. The per capita income is high which allows the people to indulge in the frequent purchasing of premium products and functional foods. Moreover, the growing health consciousness in the country has led to a rise in the number of gym-goers. Correspondingly, the demand for protein supplements has risen, driving the market of rice protein, in turn.
The Middle East & Africa Rice Protein Market is fragmented in nature having several regional and multinational players competing for market share. Emphasis is on the geographical expansions and product innovation primarily. Moreover, partnerships and mergers and acquisitions are also considered as an effective means of strengthening the brand value.
The manufacturers are indulged in new product development as a strategic approach to develop versatile rice protein solutions that can be utilized in multiple applications. Also, one of the main targets of the manufacturers is to encourage the use of rice protein and promote its benefits so that consumers can accept rice protein-based products more readily. Thus, the overall market of rice protein has good potential in the region and offers plenty of opportunities for the manufacturers to experiment on, to enhance their market reputation.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support