The metal cleaning chemicals market is expected to record a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand from manufacturing industries and growing concern toward industrial cleaning and maintenance. Stringent environmental regulations are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical industry leads in the application of metal cleaning chemicals owing to the increasing demand for cleaning and maintenance of the metal equipment used.
- Depending upon the metal and the stain, metal cleaning chemicals are classified into three types like acidic, basic, and neutral.
- Metal cleaning chemicals helps to prevent damage and aids in maintaining metal tools and equipment’s efficiency in several manufacturing industries.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market for metal cleaning chemicals with India, China, and Japan representing major countries in terms of consumption.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application in Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industry:
- Metal cleaning chemicals are used to wash off all the organic and inorganic materials deposited on the surface of the metals. These are also used to wash off grease stains, corrosive oxides, oil stains, and others.
- These metal cleaning chemicals have greater application in chemical industries for cleaning the chemicals which are deposited on metals, thereby increasing the efficiency and span of the metal equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- In chemical and pharmaceutical industries, the surface of the metals contains extraneous inorganic and organic materials, to wash these materials off metal cleaning chemicals are used. They are also used to wash off unwanted substances that include grease, corrosion oxides, oil, particulates, and others. These substances are washed away so that the performance efficiency is not affected and to prevent the damage.
- The Indian pharmaceutical industry, which is worth currently at USD 38 billion, is expected to grow to reach about USD ~130 billion by 2030, thus increasing the scope for this market during the coming years.
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical industry leads in the utilization of metal cleaning chemicals with China, the United States, Germany, India playing a major role in this market.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for metal cleaning chemicals during the forecast period. Due to the high demand from the countries like China, India, and Japan, from chemical and other manufacturing industries, the market for metal cleaning chemicals has been increasing.
- The largest producers of metal cleaning chemicals are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of metal cleaning chemicals are KYZEN CORPORATION, Arrow Solutions, ZAVENIR DAUBERT INDIA, and Adchem Industries.
- Depending upon the type of metal and the type of surfactants used like carbonates, sulphates, oxides, phosphates, hydroxides, different types of metal cleaning chemicals are used in various end-user industries.
- Some of the highly-concentrated chemicals used in the industry include sulfuric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, and few alkaline types are also used as metal cleaning chemicals in manufacturing industries.
- Chinese pharmaceutical industry, which is valued at about ~USD 145 billion currently, represents the biggest emerging market with growth tipped to reach about ~USD 200 billion by 2022, thus increasing the scope of the market.
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for metal cleaning chemicals market during the forecast period.
The metal cleaning chemicals market is fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include KYZEN CORPORATION, Arrow Solutions, ZAVENIR DAUBERT INDIA, Quaker Chemical Corporation, and CP GROUP BV.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support