The LED Chips Market is expected to register a CAGR of 17.76% during the forecast period 2020 - 2025. The global LED chips market is currently observing a high demand owing to the new applications such as illumination and LCD backlighting. The emission of carbon from the LED-based lighting is relatively less as compared to competitive technologies such as halogen and incandescent light.
- The other primary driver behind global LED Chip growth is the rise of LED niche lighting, in the fields of fishing lighting, healthcare lighting, marine, horticulture lighting, and harbor lighting. For instance, In 2017, horticultural LED lighting increased, in particular in China.
- With technological changes and advanced research and development, the cost of manufacturing LED has also decreased, this has significantly reduced the average selling price (ASP) of LEDs and making them a preferred choice among consumers.
- In the consumer electronics industry particularly TV display application there has been a drastic shift in the usage of LED to OLED (Organic Light-emitting diode), n and is further expected to penetrate more into the market. Such trend might hinder the volume growth of the LED market and so the LED Chip market.
Scope of the Report
The design process of the LED chips has directly influenced factors, such as temperature, luminescence efficiency, wavelength, that reduced the overall operational costs. Further, with the improvements in the lighting technology of power LED chips, there is increased adoption of the LED solutions. Thus, with the rapid enhancement in the applications of the LED solution, innovation and consumption are expected to increase in the upcoming years, driving the LED Chips market.
Key Market Trends
Automotive is Expected to Hold Major Market Share
- Rising concern about the need for a better lighting system, cost-effective, and less power consumption are the key factors for driving the LED market in automotive end users.
- For instance, a LED lamp mainly consumes only 1/10 of electricity consumed by an incandescent lamp. In this context, the EU has officially recognized LED headlamps as an energy-efficient technology.
- Huge demands for LED Chips is expected from the US and Asian regions like South Korea, China and, Taiwan particularly for LED Chips due to the significant productions of automotive and hybrid cars and the availability of the Chips manufacturing the material in that region.
Asia Pacific is Expected to Witness Highest Growth Rate
- Geographically, Asia Pacific has a positive demand growth for consumer electronics and automobiles where the rapid changes in technology are resulting in high performance. Thus the need for high and medium power LEDs is expected to grow where chips have a crucial role in the design of the end product.
- The region has been the largest market of consumer electronics considering the rising disposable income, rapid urbanization and a shift in spending habits. Till June 2018, China generated the highest revenue from the consumer electronics (washing machines, dishwashers and coffee machines) compared to other developed nations like US, Germany. The automotive sector in Asia-Pacific also seems to grow considering the demographic and macroeconomic changes.
- There has been a rising demand from South Korea and Taiwan, particularly for LED chip due to the large productions of consumer electronics like TV, tablets, and monitors. Australia, among the top 10 LED importers in the world also contributes to the growth of the LED Chip market.
The LED Chips market is highly competitive and consists of a significant amount of major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. The manufacturers are focussing on product differentiation in order to gain a competitive advantage. For instance, Samsung has enhanced the Chip-Scale LED Package Line-up by doing the revamping of FEC LED’s packages to be the industry’s highest light efficacy levels, to suit a wider range of lighting applications. The manufacturers are also trying to portray their product superior in terms of quality to achieve higher sales. For instance, Samsung partnered with Wanda Cinemas to launch new Cinema LED theatre in China. This partnership will improve the service offerings inside its Shanghai theatre.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support