The global high potency active pharmaceutical ingredients (HPAPI) market is expected to reach USD 24.09 billion by 2021 from USD 16.02 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2016 to 2021. This market is categorized on the basis of type, type of manufacturer, type of synthesis, therapeutic application, and region.
Major factors contributing to the growth of the high potency rapid growth in the oncology drugs market, increasing focus of pharmaceutical companies on HPAPIs, and advancements in HPAPI technologies. Growing demand for antibody drug conjugates also provide an impetus for the growth of this market. Their high specificity of action, has caused ACDs to gain significant attention, resulting in a noteworthy increase in the number of ADCs under development. Considering the growing opportunities in this market, many companies are making significant investments for the development of novel ACDs. In October 2015, ADC Biotechnology (U.K.) invested USD 10 million to build a manufacturing facility for advanced anticancer drugs. Many companies are also cross collaborating for research in the development of next-generation ADCs. For example, in June 2014, Merck Serono entered into a collaboration with Mersana Therapeutics Inc. for the development of next-generation ADCs.
Emerging markets have opened an array of opportunities for the high potency active pharmaceutical ingredients market. Moreover, the market also offers lucrative opportunities for CMOs and CDMOs. However, factors such as a stringent regulatory requirements and requirement of large investments may restrain the growth of this market.
Based on type, the market is segmented into innovative and generic HPAPIs. On the basis of type of manufacture, the HPAPIs market is categorized into two segments, captive manufacturer and merchant manufacturer. On the basis of type of synthesis, the HPAPIs market is segmented into synthetic HPAPIs and biotech HPAPIs. On the basis of therapeutic application, the HPAPIs market is further segmented into oncology, hormonal disorders, glaucoma, and other therapeutic applications.
Apart from the comprehensive geographical and product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles comprise basic views on key players in the active pharmaceutical ingredients market and their product portfolios, developments, and strategies. The above-mentioned market research data, current market size, and forecast of the future trends will help key players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographical focus, changes in strategic approach, R&D investments for innovations in products and technologies, and levels of output in order to remain successful.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of top players in the active pharmaceutical ingredients market. The report analyzes the active pharmaceutical ingredients market by application, sales channel, and region
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the active pharmaceutical ingredients market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market strategies, geographical and business segments, and product portfolios of leading players in the active pharmaceutical ingredients market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the market for various active pharmaceutical ingredients products across geographies
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the active pharmaceutical ingredients market