Field erected towers are larger towers usually with many project-specific requirements associated with the material of construction, operating modes, noise limits, fan power consumption, visible plume, low maintenance, few shutdowns, etc. The field-erected cooling tower market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4.5% over the forecast period. Growth in industrial activities that requires cooling towers such as petroleum refineries, petrochemical plants, and other manufacturing industries and stringent environmental regulations are expected to drive the demand for field-erected cooling tower market globally. However, the increasing demand for alternative energy sources is likely to restrain the growth of the market.
- The wet type segment is expected to hold the largest share in the market during the forecast period.
- Increasing energy from nuclear power is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the market players in the near future.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market owing to the increased industrial activities and energy demand in the region over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Wet Type Segment to Dominate the Market
- Wet type cooling towers are very much preferred owing to the high effectiveness of cooling in nuclear and thermal power plants as well as simple accessibility of water. The benefits of a wet cooling tower mainly consist of no need for electrical or mechanical elements, negligible maintenance cost, and large water loading capability.
- The growth is primarily attributed to upgrades in utility infrastructure, growing investments in the industrial sector, and related government regulations in various countries, which is likely to continue during the forecast period.
- In terms of design, mechanical draft wet field-erected cooling towers holds largest share in the market owing to its use in a wide range of cooling applications such as power plants, industrial processes, refining, manufacturing, and HVAC.
- Wet cooling towers offer an outstanding performance by taking full advantage of the ambient air humidity. Wet cooling, also called evaporative cooling, is a technology that can generate outstanding fuel-saving and carbon emission reduction. Therefore, it is more preferred by the end-users of different industries.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market owing to several driving factors such as increasing industrial activities, population, and energy demand in the region. Among Asia-Pacific countries, India and China are expected to lead the market owing to the increased energy demand and upcoming thermal and nuclear power plant projects.
- Asia-Pacific region has untapped energy resources and is also a significant region for exploration activities to be carried out. Therefore, in one way or another, the use of field-erected cooling towers is mandatory for rising industrial activities, which in turn, is expected to boost up the market growth over the forecast period.
- The rise in refinery capacity in the region also pushes the requirement of field-erected cooling towers in the large refinery industry. As of 2019, the refining capacity has reached 35518 thousand barrels per day in the Asia-pacific with a growth rate of 2.3% to the previous year.
- Increasing electricity demand from emerging countries in Asia pacific where a large focus is given on installation of power plants to generate the electricity. Therefore, it is expected to drive the growth of the field erected cooling tower market in the region.
The field erected cooling tower market is fragmented. Some of the major players in the market include ENEXIO Management GmbH, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc, Towertech Cooling System Pvt. Ltd, Watco Group, and Paharpur Cooling Towers LTD.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support