The Europe industrial centrifuge market is expected to rise at a CAGR of approximately 3.6% during 2020 - 2025. Factors such as increasing demand from pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries along with the increasing demand for water treatment are likely to drive the Europe industrial centrifuge market. However, tough competition in the end-user industries from the countries in Europe expected to restrain the Europe industrial centrifuge market.
- Due to increasing water consumption and treating it before disposal for the sake of the environment, the water and wastewater treatment segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment for the Europe industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
- An increase in the demand for more efficient centrifuges and reducing cost and increasing profitability has caused manufacturers of centrifuges to address the energy efficiency problems by adopting various techniques in new centrifuges and upgrading the existing industrial centrifuges installed in facilities. These developments are likely to create several opportunities for the Europe industrial centrifuge market in the future.
- Due to its growing chemical and pharmaceutical industries in the region, Germany is expected to be the fastest-growing market for the Europe industrial centrifuge market.
Key Market Trends
Water and Wastewater Treatment Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market Segment
- An industrial centrifuge is a machine used for fluid or particle separation. Centrifuges rely on centrifugal force, generating several hundred or thousands of times earth's gravity. Centrifuges have a widespread application in the treatment of wastewater produced by the automotive industry (soluble oils), steel mills, and agri-food industries. The application also extends to the separation of sludge-laden suspensions that have high oil content.
- The water usage during the global pandemic of COVID-19 has exponentially increased. Such growth in the water increase for the proper sanitization is likely to drive the industrial centrifuge market for the water and wastewater treatment management system.
- After the production separation of crude oil, natural gas and water are done in the oil and gas industry. A strict government regulation to dispose of water after treatment is likely to drive the Europe industrial centrifuge. In 2019, the total crude oil refining capacity in the region was 24030 thousand barrels per day (TBPD), which was higher than the production of 2018, 23857 TBPD. The increase in crude oil refining is also likely to increase in the wastewater, which uses industrial centrifuge for its treatment.
- In 2019, SUEZ won a new contract to renovate and operate the Naples-North (Napoli Nord) wastewater treatment plant in Italy. This contract is part of the Regi Lagni - Naples major infrastructure modernization project. The Group was also awarded the modernization and operation of other treatment plant named Cuma water treatment plant in 2017. These two 5-year contracts represent a total turnover of EUR 120 million for the Group.
- Hence, owing to the above points, the water and wastewater treatment segment is likely going to be the fastest-growing market for the Europe industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
Germany Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market
- Germany, due to one of the largest steel markets in the European Union and having one of the top pharmaceutical industries in Europe is likely going to be the fastest-growing market for industrial centrifuges in the region.
- The German food industry is one of the largest processing industries in Germany. The industry's growth has been supported by the increasing demand for sustainable food ingredients and the excellent transportation infrastructure. Thus, this provides a great opportunity for companies to invest in this sector.
- Moreover, the country's pharmaceutical industry is quite involved in the development of the COVID-19 vaccine. Many companies in the country are making attempts. Such attempts are likely to drive the centrifuge market in the country due to its extensive usage in the pharmaceutical industry.
- In 2019, Germany’s share of primary energy consumption was approximately 10.7% of Europe's total energy consumption. The country's increasing share of power consumption is directly going to affect power. With its increasing population, it is also going to boost up the food and beverage sector, which are expected to drive the country's industrial centrifuge market.
- Hence, owing to the above points, Germany is expected to be the fastest-growing market for the Europe industrial centrifuge market during the forecast period.
The Europe industrial centrifuge market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market includeAlfa Laval AB, Andritz AG, GEA Group AG, HAUS Centrifuge Technologies, and Flottweg SE.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support