The embedded computing systems market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). With the rising digitization in industrial automation, rising demand in defense, healthcare, and automobile among other sectors across the globe are the primary factors driving the growth of the market.
- With the rapidly rising wireless communication infrastructure, increased adoption of consumer electronics along with the growing usage of artificial intelligence across the globe are also some of the major factors driving the growth of the market.
- Advantages like high speed, accuracy, low power consumption, adaptability, reusability, reliability, and small size are expected to increase the demand of these systems over the forecast period.
- Embedded computing systems finds its applications in home applications, office automation, BFSI, security, healthcare, defense, among other sectors which helped in keeping the demand of these systems stable over the years.
- The rapid innovations in the Internet of things (IoT) will also act as a key factor in the growth of the market over the next few years, as the new wireless technologies being implemented in IoT employ these systems in many applications.
- The healthcare industry also uses embedded computing systems to a great extent owing to the high reliability and capability of these systems which are able to provide efficient healthcare solutions and services. These systems plays a vital role in various applications such as customized medical monitoring systems, medical electronic devices, wearable devices, and others.
Scope of the Report
An embedded system is considered as a computer hardware system with software embedded in it. An embedded system can either be an independent system or a part of a larger system. An embedded system is a microprocessor-based system which is designed to perform a specific task.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics to Witness Significant Growth
- Similar with desktop computers, mobile tablets and smartphones are also integrated with more than half a dozen to several tens of embedded microcontrollers that unload various deterministic and real-time gesture and touch interface operations and management tasks involved in I2C, USB and other serial connections between peripheral functions and the main system.
- Beyond the usage of the embedded system in smartphones, tablets, and PCs, these systems also have their application in a microcontroller powered embedded sensor to collect various type of information from various wirelessly connected devices and store it on cloud computing services, and the rise of wireless devices is expected to drive the demand of these systems.
- With the integration of right embedded database software in any consumer electronic device can help in cost reduction, increase in performance and the ability to support data-hungry new features, these advantages are expected to drive the market during the forecast period, and
North America Occupies the Largest Market Share
- The North American region holds the largest market share of the market owing to the facts such as the region witness high adoption of technology, and the presence of many major vendors of the market who have headquartered in this region.
- The region is witnessing major investments in the healthcare industry towards digitization, all the healthcare giants in the region are migrating to graphic and compute-intensive applications, such as advanced computers in all operating rooms, diagnostic workstations, and bedside monitors showing visuals and advance nursing stations.
- With the rise in robotics and the rising applications of IoT in the region is expected to further increase the demand of these systems owing to the application of these systems in various end-users.
- Moreover, with the increasing industrial automation and IIoT systems, the market is expected to witness a further increase in demand during the forecast period.
The embedded computing systems market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many small and large players operating in domestic as well as in the international market. The market appears to be moderately concentrated with the major players adopting strategies like product innovation and mergers and acquisitions. Some of the major players in the market are IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Qualcomm Incorporated among others.
- March 2018 - IBM launched the world's smallest computer which is “smaller than a grain of salt”, measuring 1 x 1 mm. This tiny speck of technology is also very cheap to manufacture, costing less than ten cents and comes with x86 chipset & has around 1 million transistors.
- February 2018 - Qualcomm Incorporated announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., introduced Qualcomm Snapdragon 820E embedded platform and has extended its embedded computing portfolio to support premium tier, applications for the Internet of Things (IoT).
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support