The Egypt Paints & Coatings market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing petrochemical projects and government focus on developing the residential sector. On the flipside, slow growth in the automotive industry and the unfavorable conditions arising due to COVID - 19 are some of the major restraints, which are expected to hinder the growth of market.
- Increasing investments in the energy sector is expected to offer various lucrative opportunities for the growth of market.
- By resin type, acrylic resin segment is expected to dominate the market owing to the increase in the usage in coating applications due to its properties such as transparency and UV resistance.
- By end-user industry, architectural segment is expected to dominate the market owing to increase in the construction activities in the region.
Key Market Trends
Acrylic Resin Type to Dominate the Market
- Acrylic resins have properties, such as transparency, high color ability, and UV resistance, in coating solutions. They are used in water-borne systems very often, which result in low VOC emission.
- The application of acrylic coatings leads to high surface hardness. In certain applications, such as walls, decks, and roofing, acrylic coatings provide elastomeric finishes to improve the UV resistance of the surface, if employed with some fluids.
- Application of acrylic coatings is primarily found in the construction industry, for high-end finishing in roofs, decks, bridges, floors, and other applications. Water-based acrylic coatings are high in demand, owing to the environmental concerns, like the negative impact of VOCs affecting the air quality in the environment.
- Apart from this, other applications of acrylic paints and coatings are found in marine vessels and structures, automotive, electrical products, machinery, and various metal product, among others.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for acrylic resins is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period.
Increasing Demand from Architectural Segment
- Architectural coatings are the most significant type of coatings used in Egypt, where residential and commercial construction activities extensively drive the demand. These decorative paints are either oil- or water-based paints for aesthetic purposes for both interior and exterior applications. However, this coating also helps to protect the structures from blistering summers, soaking rain, freezing winters, and UV radiation.
- Egypt has the largest construction industry in the African region. Furthermore, the construction industry is expected to witness significant growth, owing to the increasing foreign investments in several construction projects. The Egyptian construction industry has been among the fastest-growing in the world, expanding by an average of over 9% in the past few years. The country’s construction projects accounted for about 10% of the total number of construction projects in Africa.
- In 2019, Egypt completed the construction of 14 new cities under the name “Fourth Generation Cities”. The total area of these 14 new cities is around 380 thousand acres, representing 50% of the total area of urban communities that were implemented during the past four decades.
- Egypt is building a new capital, designed to be the country's new administrative hub and home to more than 6.5 million residents. In March of 2019, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Utilities announced that the construction of over 40,000 housing units and various other facilities and service projects at the New Administrative Capital would be completed by the end of June 2020.
- Decrease in tourism and delays in commercial projects due to spread of COVID-19 is likely to hamper growth of architectural sector. However, in the long run market is expected to recover at a steady rate.
- Some of the major companies operating in the architectural segment in Egypt region are - PACHIN, SCIB Coatings, SIPES Coatings and GLC Paints.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for architectural coatings in Egypt during the forecast period.
The Egypt Paints & Coatings market is consolidated with top players accounting for a major share of the market. Some of the key companies in the market include Akzo Nobel N.V., Jotun, MIDO Coatings, PACHIN, and Sipes Egypt.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support