The market for Dylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4 % globally during the forecast period. The major factor driving the market studied is growing demand owing to its wide range of applications. On the flip side, stringent environmental regulations and the negative impact of COVID-19 outbreak on the market are hindering the growth of the market studied.
- Dylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) market is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand from beauty & personal care segment.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market across the globe with the largest consumption coming from China, Japan, and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Beauty & Personal Care Segment
- Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) is a diamine that is widely used during the manufacturing of some surfactants, such as Cocamidopropyl betaine which is an ingredient in many personal care products including soaps, shampoos, and cosmetics and other personal care products.
- DMAPA is completely miscible with water, alcohols, esters, and ketones. It has limited miscibility with diethyl ether, benzene, and chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- DMAPA is mild, skin-friendly, and hence its use has increased in the production of soft soap and shampoos as it does not cause irritation to the skin and eyes.
- The global beauty industry is expected to compound annually at 5% to 7% to reach USD 800 billion by 2025.
- Hence, owing to the growing application of Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) in beauty & personal care products especially in Asia-Pacific region, the demand for Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) during the forecast period. Due to the high demand from countries like China, India, and Japan, the market for Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) has been increasing in the region.
- The largest producers of Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies which are involved in the production of Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) are BASF SE, Solvay, Huntsman International LLC, Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.Ltd, and Silver Fern Chemical Inc.,
- Chinese pharmaceutical industry which is valued at about ~USD 145 billion currently, represents the biggest emerging market with growth tipped to reach about ~USD 200 billion by 2022, thus increasing the scope of application of DMAPA.
- In Japan, the beauty & personal care industry valued USD 37,330 million in 2019 where the application of DMAPA plays a vital role during the maniufacturing process. However, due to the outbreak of covid-19, the demand for personal care products has been rapidly increasing which is expected to create market demand for DMAPA during the forecast period
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) market during the forecast period.
The global Dimethylaminopropylamine (DMAPA) market is fragmented, with players accounting for a marginal share in the market. Some of the major companies include BASF SE, Solvay, Huntsman International LLC, Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.Ltd., and Silver Fern Chemical Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support