The China diesel generator market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5.25% over the period of 2020 - 2025. The growing demand for uninterrupted and reliable power supply and increasing growth in several industries including the healthcare industry are some of the driving factors for the diesel generator market. On the flip side, the increasing availability of natural gas and the rapidly expanding natural gas generator technology, increasing deployment of renewables as an alternative power source, and advancement in battery technologies are the restraining factors for the market studied.
- The industrial sector has accounted for the largest share of the revenue from the sale of diesel generators in 2019 owing to the increasing demand for continuous and reliable power supply from the industrial sector.
- The advancement in hybrid power solutions that combine renewable energy sources like solar PV and diesel generators is expected to create a significant amount of opportunities for the players involved in the market in the near future.
- Below 75 kVA segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period due to increasing usage in upcoming commercial projects in the country.
Key Market Trends
Industrial Sector to Dominate the Market
- In 2019, the industrial sector has accounted for the largest share in the diesel generator market in China. Industrial operations are mainly dependent on electricity generated from diesel generators during power outages (to avoid production risks) and in areas where grid access is limited.
- The increasing demand for continuous and reliable power supply from these industries, especially from healthcare facilities, pharmaceutical industries, and manufacturing facilities, is expected to escalate the demand for diesel generators.
- As of 2019, steel production in China accounted for approximately 59% of the global steel production, which makes it a huge market for diesel generators, as the steel industry is extremely energy-intensive and its operations are highly dependent on power generated from diesel generators during power outages.
- Hence, based on the above-mentioned factors, the industrial sector is expected to witness significant demand for diesel generators.
Below 75 kVA Capacity to Dominate the Market
- China benefits from the cost and effectiveness of diesel generators, with improved living standards the demand for power back-up devices is increasing in the country.
- Power deficit, power outages, and the emergence of new manufacturing hubs in western and central regions have further created the demand for diesel generators in the Chinese market.
- Diesel generators with rating 5KVA-75KVA accounted for a key share of the market pie due to its affordability and usage in various applications.
- The small industries which invest in small capacity generators, use them to cover the power supply failure which rises the market potential of diesel generators further.
- Hence, based on the above-mentioned factors, the below 75 kVA capacity segment is expected to dominate the diesel generator market in China during the forecast period.
The China diesel generator market is fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include. Caterpillar Inc, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engine & Turbocharger, Ltd, Yanmar Holdings co. Ltd, Generac Power Systems, Inc., and Changzhou ETK Power Machinery Co., Ltd.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support