The market for calcium propionate is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period. Growing demand from the construction sector is driving the demand of the market studied. North-America dominated the market with a significant share and Asia-Pacific is estimated to expand at a healthy rate during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing demand from Food and Beverage Sector
Calcium propionate is widely used as food additives in preserving various foods primarily bread, processed meat, cheese, pastries, and other dairy and bakery products. The rising demand for convenience and packaged foods where additives are used in a higher quantity is further fueling the market growth.The meat production industry is witnessing an upward trend during the recent past years, especially, in developed countries, such as the United States, and European countries with reduced land usage. This is another boosting factor for calcium propionate for preserving the processed meat and increasing its shelf life.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Fastest growth
- The major manufacturing and consuming hubs of the food additive market globally are North America and Asia-Pacific. The other three regions are Europe, South America, and Africa.
- The European market is a mature market and has several regulatory bodies to regulate stringently the use of food additives such as flavors and enhancers.
- Additionally increasing demand for animal feed is also boosting the market demand.
- The demand for food derived from animals across the world has been increasing at a fast pace.
- The surge in this demand has been fulfilled by commercial livestock production and their associated food chains.
- Also, increasing the pharmaceutical industry is also a major driving factor for the calcium propionate market in the region.
The market studied is partially consolidated among the major players. Some of the key players in the market include Agailenobel, Niacet., PURATOS GROUP, and Henan Chemsino Industry Co., ltd, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support