Automatic curtains are powered by a single motor, or two if the width of the window requires them to be double-sided. Since the motor must handle heavy drapes, hardwired models are the norm. The curtains can be opened and closed fully or in increments through remote control or voice command. It offers remote operation or touch operation leading to higher ease and flexibility for opening and closing of the curtains to the users. These are an ideal choice for the long curtains that are usually out of reach especially in office spaces and commercial buildings.
Automatic curtain systems are designed to work with the existing curtains or drapes but require users to mount some ceiling brackets and hook a new motorized track onto them. Since the manufacturer doesn’t know the exact width of the setup, the track is usually longer than necessary. Users need to use a hacksaw to shorten it before installation.
Growing adoption of automatic curtains in hotels, conference rooms, and office spaces owing ease in operation is driving the market growth. The rising trend of home automation is also fueling the market growth across the residential sector. High versatility of automatic curtains to cater to different styles and size of windows is also increasing the market demand.
There are some solutions such as Curtain Control solution which is designed to open and close window curtains and blinds automatically. The movement can be initiated either from the Remote-Control Switch or from Touch Switch, providing users with maximum levels of flexibility. Multiple curtains can be controlled with a single remote. The motion of the curtain is in the form of a smooth, continuous movement initiated by pressing and holding down the button on the remote or the switch.
Key Market Trends
Commercial Segment is Fastest Growing in the Market
- The commercial sector is further divided into hospitality, healthcare, shopping malls & centers, educational centers, office spaces, and others. The commercial segment is the fastest-growing segment and is expected to hold the majority of market share in the global automatic curtain market.
- Motorized curtains offer savings on maintenance and cleaning, operational costs due to remote control, and personnel in hotels.
- Rapid urbanization, increasing population, and changing lifestyles have fueled the demand for automatic curtains in residencies in the global market. Curtains play a vital part in the decor of the home. Electric curtains come with many advantages over traditional curtains such as energy efficiency, security, convenience, and versatility.
Asia-Pacific Region is Fastest Growing in the Market
- Countries in the APAC region including China, India, and Japan among others are expected to show significant growth rates in the future due to high economic growth forecasts along with huge population statistics leading to high consumption of goods and products.
- Growing prominence of smart homes drive strong demand for automated curtains and blinds in APAC region.
- The changing regulatory compliance scenario and the growing purchasing power among consumers are likely to surpass the demand in the North America market. New product development and technological advancements remain key for competitors to capitalize upon in the Automatic Curtains market across the globe.
The competitive environment in the Automatic Curtain market is intensifying. The market currently witnesses the presence of several major as well as other prominent vendors, contributing toward the market growth. However, the market is witnessing an influx of local players entering the market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support