The global all-flash array market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 26.3% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). The growth of global data creation and consumption has increased exponentially in recent years, owing to which demand for easy memory access in forms such as products as well as service is increasing; this trend is expected to drive the all-flash array market. The enterprise, government, and businesses across the globe are moving to cloud, this requires a number of data centers to be operated for the growing demand, which in turn is boosting the market for all-flash array systems. All-flash array systems come with an added advantage of easy maintenance, installation, and management hence the demand for such solutions is going up.
- The global internet use is increasing exponentially and the data consumption is growing as well. According to We Are Social Ltd., there are 4.39 billion internet users in 2019; the numbers grew by 366 million users compared to January 2018.
- The global businesses are becoming data-centric and data is being created and collected for analytical purposes. According to Seagate, the volume of data/information created worldwide is expected to reach 175 zettabytes by 2025. The data storage capacity of devices is growing, with the introduction of cloud the storage capacity is almost unlimited.
- The growing adoption of cloud is driving the demand for data centers, in turn, creating the demand for all-flash array systems. According to Cisco Systems, the global cloud data center IP traffic is expected to reach, exabytes by 2021. Factors such as these are driving the market for all-flash array systems.
- The amount of data that is being transversed from data center installations is increasing significantly and the number of data centers across the globe is also increasing; the growing number of data centers is expected to drive the demand for all-flash array systems. According to Cisco Systems, the volume of big data in data center storage worldwide is expected to reach 403 exabytes by 2021.
Scope of the Report
The storage solutions market is growing significantly owing to the increasing demand from various industries, the growth is driven by factors such as data that can be accessed, saved, and modified in real-time providing scalability and simplifies the management. The all-flash array market is expected to grow at a faster rate owing to the increasing demand during the forecasted period. The market is segmented by type as traditional and custom, remarkably only a few vendors are providing custom (Custom Flash Modules) rest are SSD based systems. The prominent end-user application industries are listed, other end-user application industries include telecom, retail, media & entertainment, etc.
Key Market Trends
The Increasing Demand for Cloud and Growing Number of Data Centers is Driving the Market
- Organizations are adopting cloud solutions at a much faster pace including SMEs worldwide, with the increasing trend of cloud growth the number of data centers is increasing as well. The installations require a vast amount of data storage and retrieval capacity, in turn, driving the demand for all-flash array systems. According to Credit Suisse, the number of hyperscale data centers worldwide is expected to reach 485 by 2020 from just 299 in 2016.
- Increasing adoption of both public and private cloud is driving the demand for such solution providers, enterprises are even moving their process critical workloads onto the cloud. According to Forbes, the total size of the public cloud computing market is expected to USD 236 billion by 2020.
- Companies are investing in building data centers across the globe, the strategic allocation on such facilities in different regions helps organizations cater to the growing information processing demands of the customers. Recently Google announced that it is investing USD 3 billion to expand its data center presence in Europe, this is an addition to the USD 7 billion investment in the region since 2007.
- Enterprises are expanding farther into different regions to spread their cloud services to support their customers around the world. Oracle announced its plans to launch 20 new Oracle cloud regions by the end of 2020, with this the total comes to 36 Oracle cloud infrastructure regions.
North America Holds the Major Share of the Market
- Owing to the presence of the highest number of data centers, booming healthcare, information technology, BFSI, retail and media industries the region holds a significant share of the all-flash array market. According to cloudscene the number of data centers from both the US and Canada is 2,646 which is the highest in the world. This is expected to drive the demand for the all-flash array market.
- The region is home to a thriving BFSI industry where organizations are ready to spend on IT infrastructure to cater to the needs of their customers. For instance, JP Morgan set up a budget of USD 11.4 billion as a technology budget for fiscal 2019, Bank of America has set an amount of USD 10 billion IT spending budget. This is expected to positively influence the all-flash array market.
- The region also accounts for a prominent share of global spending on cloud solutions. According to Tata Communications, the US spending on cloud security solutions is expected to reach USD 1,928 million by 2021.
- North America spends a significant amount on IT infrastructure, owing to the presence of prominent information technology industry and key vendors' presence. According to Spiceworks, North American businesses are expected to increase IT infrastructure spending in 2019 in order to upgrade outdated infrastructure; this is due to the recent reduction in the US tax on business profits in 2018.
The all-flash array market is in consolidated format owing to the presence of a few key vendors who share a significant share of the market. The market is driven by the innovation in the product offerings and each vendor is investing in innovation. Key players include Kaminario, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, NetApp, Violin Systems LLC, etc. Recent developments in the market are -
- September 2019 - Dell announced storage innovation along with multi-cloud flexibility on their new EMC PowerMax which is powered by dual-port Intel Optane SSDs, NVMe over Fabric, and has lower latency and improved response. This is a significant update since the announcement of Dell EMC PowerMax in 2018.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support