The United States recovery drinks market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.72% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Growing adoption of recovery drinks by lifestyle users and casual users, owing to the rise in the importance of pre-workout and post-workout supplements, has led to the development of the market studied over the past few years in the country. American consumers are open to supplementation and are investing massively on fitness.
- The growing demand for clean-label products has enhanced the focus of the companies operating in the market to develop products based on consumer requirements.
- Additionally, companies are focusing on developing innovative products to achieve a competitive advantage over other companies. For instance, in 2017, Susie Parker-Simmons, a senior sport dietitian with the US Olympic Committee, designed a hot recovery drink. The product has been designed for winter athletes, with a notion to help repair the human body and make them ready to perform optimally.
Key Market Trends
Growing Physical Activity Participation Rate, Coupled With Marketing Campaigns
The growing physical activity participation rate across the country has been increasing significantly from the past few years, supported by various government policies and development programs. According to the Physical Activity Council (PAC), the number of participants engaged in sport, fitness and recreational activities increased by 1.6 million in 2018 compared to the previous year. R&D and advertisements/promotions are driving the overall recovery drinks market. Key players are investing in these factors to influence the consumer purchasing decision and increase the popularity of products in the retail landscape. Thus, the growing physical activity participation rate and various marketing campaigns by the key players of the United States market are projected to boost the sales of recovery drinks in the country.
RTD Recovery Drinks are Witnessing an Upsurge
Recovery RTD beverages are tapping into consumer interest in the health and wellness sector. The recovery RTD beverage industry has become a multi-billion-dollar business in the United States and is referred to as an exponentially growing segment in the beverage industry. Taste and convenience are fundamental to successful products, for the wide recovery drinks category. Manufacturers of ready-to-drink (RTD) dairy protein beverages are under more pressure than ever, to formulate products that adhere to clean-label parameters while maintaining shelf stability over an extended period of time.
The United States recovery drink market is highly competitive and dominatd by the key players such as Pepsico, Nestle, Danone and others. Consumers of the country prefer innovation, examples of which are flavors and unique packaging, thus, new product development is the most adopted strategy by the leading players of the market studied. Additionally, mergers and acquisition is another widely accepted strategy by the leading players. For instance, in March 2020, Pepsico Inc. acquired another leading player Rockstar for USD 3.85 billion with an aim to consolidate its share in the United States recovery drinks market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support