The market for PTFE membrane is expected to register a CAGR of about 4%, globally, during the forecast period. Increasing applications in industrial filtration and water and wastewater treatment are driving the market growth. On the flip side, the high cost of PTFE membranes is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The PTFE membrane market is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to the increasing demand from industrial filtration and water treatment applications.
- The Asia-Pacific region dominates the market across the world, with the largest consumption coming from countries, such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Growing Applications in Industrial Filtration and Water Treatment Applications
- PTFE membranes are naturally hydrophobic with excellent chemical resistance, making them the ideal choice for sterile venting of gases, non-aqueous solvents, acids, and aggressive fluids.
- In the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, PTFE membranes are used in filtration of strong acids and aggressive solutions, venting of gases and phase separations.
- PTFE membrane filters have excellent chemical compatibility (pH 1 to 14), so that they are also used for the filtration of solvents and acids, to which other filter types are not resistant.
- About 296 Approved Cold Chain Projects in the food processing industry have been approved in India as on May 2019 creating an increasing application of PTFE membranes.
- The growing application of PTFE membranes in micro and nanofiltration techniques used in the purification of water and for wastewater treatment has been on a rapid rise.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned advantages of PTFE membranes, its market is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for PTFE membrane during the forecast period. In countries, like China, India, and Japan, because of increasing chemical and pharmaceutical industries and growing awareness among the people to treat wastewater, the demand for PTFE membranes has been increasing in the region.
- The largest producers of PTFEmembranes are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of PTFE membrane are Hyundai Micro Co., Ltd, Cobetter Filtration Equipment Co.Ltd, Shandong Senrong New Materials CO., LTD, ATHARVA FILTERS, GVS S.p.A.
- PTFE-coated high translucency fabric membrane is a dynamic tensile material unmatched for its aesthetics and durability, making it ideal for tensile architecture systems, clothing. Structurally PTFE fiberglass fabric membrane is waterproof, resists UV rays and is chemically inert.
- Growth in chemical & pharmaceutical industry associated with rise in concern towards wastewater treatment techniques in this region are increasing the scope for the growth of PTFEmembrane market in the region.
- In developing countries like China, India and Japan, to reduce the usage of polluted water which acts as severe health hazard many purification techniques are being adopted most of these techniques use PTFEmembranes owing to its high efficiency in filtering off waste.
- Chinese pharmaceutical industry which is valued at about ~USD 145 billion currently, represents the biggest emerging market with growth tipped to reach about ~USD 200 billion by 2022, thus increasing the scope of the market.
- The high titer reduction and water intrusion pressures allow the membrane to repel high surface tension liquids while venting gases. PTFE membranes are used in a variety of healthcare applications such as vents on IV filters and spike vents, protecting equipment and sensors from fluids and contamination.
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for PTFEmembrane market during the forecast period.
The global PTFE membrane market is fragmented, with the major players accounting for a marginal share of the industry. A few companies operaitng in the market are Hyundai Micro Co. Ltd, Cobetter Filtration Equipment Co.Ltd, Shandong Senrong New Materials Co. Ltd, ATHARVA FILTERS, and GVS SpA.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support