The market for Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period. As the industry progresses to even larger and higher power cells, high performance separators are required to improve battery exploitation tolerance. The automotive industry plays a critical role in integrating new electronic technologies. With increasing components migrate to electronic solutions, demand exists for PVDF resins, as they play an increasingly important role in helping to deliver material solutions that contribute to design flexibility and long-term component reliability under harsh operating conditions, thereby augmenting the growth of the market.
- Increasingly demand of PTFE as a substitute to PVDF for applications such as electronics, automotive among others. This is likely to hinder the market’s growth.
- Shifting focus towards the usage of PVDF membranes for water treatment processes are projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Pipes & Fittings Application
- Owing to the unique performance advantages over other materials, such as ease of handling and installation, long service life and chemical resistance; demand for PVDF in small- and medium-size diameter pipes are increasing at a significant rate.
- PVDF piping systems are environmentally sound, easy to install, chemical resistant, and cost effective. They are used for chemical distribution systems, which require no reaction with fluids or ingredients in the piping system. Furthermore, PVDF pipes have high mechanical strength and dielectric properties, which makes it an ideal material for chemical processing and oil and gas industry.
- Globally, PVDF pipes and fittings widely find applications in pharmaceutical grade water system, acid distribution system, UPW and HUPW (Hot) ultrapure water return loops in microelectronics, chemical applications, and sanitization with ozone, steam, or hot water. They are used in the building and construction industry, chemical processing, oil and gas, and in other end-user industries.
- Demand for PVDF pipes and fittings are driven by its increasing demand in the developing countries, especially developing nations that are not into chemical processing, like ASEAN countries, and parts of South America and Africa. Chemical processing sector is the biggest consumer of PVDF pipes and fittings, where it finds application as distribution systems. Moreover, the growth of commercial and residential construction, and rise in infrastructural development are expected to spur the growth of the market studied, in the near future.
- All the aforementioned factors is expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest economy, in terms of GDP. The growth in the country remains high, but is gradually diminishing, as the population ages and the economy is rebalancing from investment to consumption, manufacturing to services, and external to internal demand.
- This growth in the industry is primarily dependent on the rising passenger traffic. Due to higher spending power and better air connectivity, this increasing passenger traffic is further creating a robust demand for increase in the number of aircraft.
- A strong GDP growth rate and income growth, stronger demands from lower tier cities, and declining prices and government support to promote new-energy vehicles are likely to drive the automotive market.
- The major industries in the country, with an extensive usage of water treatment, are the mining and ore processing, iron and steel manufacturing, machine building, petroleum, cement, chemical, food processing, and transportation equipment manufacturing (which includes automobiles, rail cars and locomotives, ships and aircraft, commercial space launch vehicles, and satellites) industries.
- China is a hub for chemical processing, accounting for a major chunk of the chemicals produced, globally. With increasing demand from various end-user industries, the demand for PVDF from this sector is projected to increase during the forecast period.
The polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) market is consolidated. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Key players in the PVDF market include SABIC, Arkema Group, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, 3M, Solvay, Kureha Corporation, Shanghai 3F New Materials Co. Ltd among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support