The polypropylene catalyst market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. Major factor driving the market studied is growing demand of polypropylene catalyst from manufacturing of polypropylene. On the flip side, Government regulation on use of polypropylene catalyst and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the growth of the market.
- Research and development on more cost effective polypropylene catalyst is forecasted to offer various opportunities for the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand of Polypropylene Catalyst from Manufacturing of Polypropylene
- Polypropylene catalyst such as Ziegler-Natta Catalyst is used in the manufacturing process of Polypropylene which in turn is used in various applications.
- Ziegler-Natta catalysts developed uses TiCl4 as an active ingredient and MgCl2 as a support and also contain organic modifiers, either aromatic acid esters and diesters or ethers
- Polypropylene (PP) is a rigid and crystalline thermoplastic manufactured with polypropylene catalyst used widely in everyday objects like packaging trays, household products, battery cases, medical devices, etc.
- Atactic polypropylene is an amorphous rubbery material which can be produced commercially either with a special type of supported Ziegler-Natta catalyst or with some metallocene catalysts.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of polypropylene catalyst from production of polypropylene is likely to dominate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for penoxsulam during the forecast period. The rising demand of polypropylene catalyst from production of polypropylene in developing countries like China, Japan and India is expected to drive the demand for polypropylene catalyst in this region.
- The largest producers of polypropylene catalyst are located in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of polypropylene catalyst are Clariant,, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn., China Petrochemical Corporation., and INEOS among others.
- China is estimated to be the dominant manufacturer as well as consumer of polypropylene due to the easy availability of raw materials, cheap labour, and significant growth in packaging and automobile industries.
- Launch of several government projects and plans by Indian government to support the MSME’s is likely to boost the demand of polypropylene from raffia, injection molding, film packaging and extrusion coating in coming years.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the market for polypropylene catalyst in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow significantly during the study period.
The global polypropylene catalyst market is partially consolidated in nature with only few major players dominating the market. Some of the major companies are Clariant,, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn., China Petrochemical Corporation., and INEOS among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support