“PET preforms market to grow at a CAGR of 5.31% (2017-2022)”
The global PET preforms market is projected to reach USD 23.35 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.31% between 2017 and 2022. The increased demand for PET preforms in different applications, such as carbonated soft drinks, water, food (oil/sauces), cosmetics & chemicals, pharma & liquor, and others acts as a key driving factor influencing the growth of the global PET preforms market. However, due to the growing awareness about health, customers are moving from sugary beverages and inclining more towards healthier options such as juices, bottled water, and sports and energy drinks, which is affecting the carbonated soft drinks market. This might act as a restraint for the growth of the PET preforms market.
“Type 2 (Alaska/Bericap/Crown Obrist/Others) PET preforms segment is expected to be the fastest-growing type during the forecast period”
Type 2 (Alaska/Bericap/Crown Obrist/Others) PET preforms segment expected to be the fastest-growing type segment of the global PET preforms market during the forecast period, in terms of volume. The growth in this segment is directly related to the rising demand for packaged water bottles due to the changing drinking habits of the people regarding drinking hygienic water. Thus, the rising demand for packaged drinking water acts as a key driver for the Type 2 PET preforms market.
Carbonated soft drinks application is expected to be the fastest-growing application segment during the forecast period
The carbonated soft drinks application segment is expected to be the fastest-growing application segment in the global PET preforms market during the forecast period, in terms of volume. The growth in the PET preform market is directly related to the activities in the carbonated soft drinks market. The rising demand for carbonated soft drinks acts as a key driver for the PET preforms market.
“Asia Pacific expected to be the largest market for PET preforms”
Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market for PET preforms. The PET preforms market in this region is expected to register the highest growth, owing to the high demand for PET preforms from countries such as Japan, China, and India. China is estimated to be the largest market for PET preforms in Asia Pacific, followed by Japan and India. However, India is projected to be the fastest-growing market for PET preforms in this region. The growth of application industries such as carbonated soft drinks, water, food, non-carbonated drinks, pharma & liquor, and others has led to the increased demand for PET preforms in this region.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted to determine and verify the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 43%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 27%
• By Designation: C Level – 40%, Director Level – 23%, and Others – 37%
• By Region: North America – 27%, Europe – 19%, Asia Pacific – 43%, South America – 6%, and Middle East & Africa – 5%
The companies profiled in this market research report are Retal Industries Ltd. (Cyprus), Plastipak Holdings, Inc. (US), RESILUX NV (Belgium), ALPLA Werke Alwin Lehner GmbH & Co KG (Austria), Zhuhai Zhongfu Enterprise Co. Limited (China), Societe Generale des Techniques (France), Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited (Thailand), KOKSAN Pet Packaging Industry Co. (Turkey), Taiwan Hon Chuan Enterprise Co., Ltd (Taiwan), and Rawasy Al Khaleej Plastic Ind. (UAE).
This research report categorizes the global PET preforms market based on type, application, and region. The report includes detailed information regarding major factors influencing the growth of the global PET preforms market, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. A detailed analysis of key industry players has been done to provide insights on business overviews, products & services, key strategies, investments & expansions, mergers & acquisitions, and other recent developments associated with the market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the global PET preforms market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of market sizes for the overall market and its subsegments across regions.
2. The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will also help stakeholders understand major competitors and gain insights to enhance their competitive positions in the market. The competitive landscape section includes major industry players from all the regions contributing to the market. The landscape consists of top 25 companies ranked and grouped based on their competency parameters, such as geographical presence, recent strategic developments, and number of employees.