The market for P-Phenylenediamine is expected to register a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand for synthetic rubber additives and growing demand for p-phenylenediamine in dyes and pigments. On the flip side, high exposure to p-phenylenediamine can cause health issues, like skin allergies and eye irritation, and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are the major restraints, which will hinder the growth of the market.
- The growing application of p-phenylenediamine in photographic film development is expected to offer various lucrative opportunities for the growth of the market.
- By application, synthetic rubber additives segment is expected to dominate the market owing to the increase in the usage of p-phenylenediamine as rubber antioxidants.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market across the world with the largest consumption from countries, such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Synthetic Rubber Additives Segment
- P-Phenylenediamine is an organic compound that is a derivative of aniline. It is a white solid, but it can darken due to air oxidation.
- The growing demand for p-phenylenediamine in rubber manufacturing, owing to its superior properties, like high-temperature stability, chemical & electric resistance, and high strength is stimulating the p-phenylenediamine market.
- The usage of p-phenylenediamine in the rubber industry eliminates the major problem that the rubber industry faces of cracking due to oxygen and flexing, which is caused by ozone present in oxygen.
- Derivatives of p-phenylenediamine are used in rubber manufacturing, which are called as antiozonants that control and reduces the effect of ozone on rubber, thus prevent the rubber from cracking. Owing to this, the demand for p-phenylenediamine is increasing in the rubber industry.
- The synthetic rubber market is projected to record a CAGR of over 5% and reach USD 46.7 billion in 2026, which would increase the demand of p-phenylenediamine for rubber manufacturing and would propel the p-phenylenediamine market during the forecast period.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors for p-phenylenediamine, its market is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for p-phenylenediamine during the forecast period. In countries, like China and India, owing to the growing population, which is resulting in an increase in overall customer base for dyes and pigments, and plastic and rubber goods, the demand for p-phenylenediamine has been increasing.
- The growing demand for p-phenylenediamine in dyes and pigments industry, owing to its low toxicity and temperature stable nature, is stimulating the demand of p-phenylenediamine in the region. It gives natural color, which does not easily fade while washing or drying.
- P-phenylenediamine is also used as a precursor for aramid plastics and fibers, such as twaron and kevlar. Also, the reaction of p-phenylenediamine with phosgene gives diisocyanate, a precursor to urethane polymers. Owing to this, the demand for p-phenylenediamine is rising in the polymer industry.
- Additionally, p-phenylenediamine is used for eczema diagnostics of patients owing to its potential skin sensitizing properties, which is increasing its demand in the region.
- Furthermore, p-phenylenediamine is used as a developing agent in the color photographic film development process. P-phenylenediamine reacts with silver grains in the film and creates the colored dyes that form the image.
- The Asia-Pacific dyes market is expected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period, which would increase the demand of p-phenylenediamine and would boost its market growth during the forecast period.
- The aramid fiber market in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of around 8% over the forecast period, which will consequently stimulate the p-phenylenediamine market.
- Some of the major companies operating in the Asia-Pacific region are DuPont and AARTI INDUSTRIES LIMITED.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for p-phenylenediamine during the forecast period.
The p-phenylenediamine market is fragmented, with top players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Major companies in the market include LANXESS, Anhui Xianglong Chemical Co., Ltd, DuPont, AARTI INDUSTRIES LIMITED, and Chizhou Fangda Technology CO. Ltd.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support