The Japan Automotive Sunroof Market is projected to grow with a CAGR of more than 5 % during the forecast period.
- Owing to the tensions between two major economies United states and China, the automotive industry around the world is witnessing a slowdown in sales. Apart from that the ongoing pandemic COVID-19 is hitting the automotive OEMs as there are almost no sales because of the outbreak of the virus.
- Owing to the factors such as innovation in glass technology and rise in demand for safety, comfort, and convenience features, rise in demand for premium cars and better aesthetic appeal of the glass surface area in automobiles including larger sunroofs propel the growth for the automotive sunroof market.
- To augment the demand for sunroofs, vehicles are now fitted with tinted or UV-reflective glasses, in order to avoid unwanted heat and sunlight.
Key Market Trends
High Adoption in Sports Utility Vehicles
Sport utility vehicles constitute one of the most popular automotive segments due to a wide range of vehicles of unmatched versatility in range, power output, and features. In the country mini SUVs are more preferred by the consumers and are driving the market.
SUVs (Sports Utility Vehicles) are big cars, ideal for rough surfaces and off-road. These cars can accommodate about five to seven people. The automotive sunroof market for SUV includes the scope for the multi-utility vehicle (MUV).
Many major players are launching new products in the mini SUV and Crossover segment to attract more end-users and gain market share. for instance, in April 2020, Toyota launched its new crossover SUV Harrier with a premium panoramic sunroof with dimming glass.
In March 2020, Renault HBC and Nissan Magnite are announced for the market which are expected to be the most affordable SUVs equipped with Sunroofs.
Panoramic Sunroof Holds Major Market Share
Owing to the growing adoption of smart glass technology in panoramic sunroofs is one of the major reasons for the automotive panoramic sunroof growth. Smart glasses have gained immense popularity in the automotive industry and are increasingly being used in vehicles. Smart glass modifies the properties of light based on the variations in light intensity, heat, and voltage fluctuations.
Panoramic sunroofs are prone to the shattering or sunroof ejection, particularly during vehicle crashes or accidents. Thus, vendors in the market are focusing on developing panoramic sunroof airbags aimed at reducing incidents and helping to enhance consumer confidence. Therefore, it is a significant development targeted towards reducing the risk of fatalities caused by sunroofs. In April 2020, Hyundai Mobis is working on world’s first sunroof airbag and NHTSA is testing its feasibility. The airbag would deploy “under the surface side of the vehicle” in a rollover and cover a roof in 0.08 seconds.
The Japan Automotive Sunroof Market is fragmented, with many players accounting for a small market share. Some of the prominent companies in Japan Automotive Sunroof Market are Aisin Seiki Group, Inalfa Roofs Systems Group, Webasto Thermo and Comfort, Inteva Products, Yachi Industry Co. Ltd. and others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support