The market for hybrid fabric is expected to register a CAGR of more than 7% globally during the forecast period.
- Increasing applications for carbon fibers and growing demand for high durability and thermal resistant fabrics are driving the market growth.
- High costs in the manufacturing of fabrics and other reasons are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Automotive and Aerospace Industries
- Hybrid Fabrics are fibers with more than one type of structural fiber in their manufacture. Hybrid Fabrics majorly find their application in helmets and motorsport components, interiors, and exteriors of automotive and aerospace industries, among others.
- The demand for hybrid fabrics has been majorly growing from several end-user industries because of their properties, such as high tensile strength and youngs modulus, resistant to chemicals, abrasion, fatigue, thermal, and also electrically conductive.
- Generally, glass/carbon fabrics have high demand because they offer high laminate and fiber strength. Carbon/glass fabrics are mostly used in the manufacturing of spare tire lining, seatbacks, and door panels. These materials also offer high draping ability, making it ideal for automotive manufacturers.
- Components of automobiles and airplanes that are made from hybrid fabrics help in reducing vehicle weight and improve fuel efficiency levels.
- In aircraft manufacturing, hybrid fabrics have been used for making secondary structures, such as nacelles, interior paneling systems, belly fairing, flight control systems, etc.
- Rising number of aerospace applications and production of aircraft, growing need for lightweight vehicles for better efficiency, technological advancements in defense equipment are expected to drive the market for hybrid fabric through the years to come.
Europe Region the Largest Market
- Europe is the largest global market for hybrid fabrics, owing to the highly advanced automotive sector in Germany, Spain, France, and the United Kingdom, coupled with the continuous investments done in the region to develop the aerospace sector through the years.
- Europe has a highly developed defense manufacturing sector that produces lightweight defense equipment using hybrid fabrics as they have good mechanical properties and exports to other major developing countries.
- Recently, hybrid fabrics are being used in the wind energy sector, and European countries have been investing a lot in renewable energy sources. Longer rotor blades and larger wind turbines use glass and carbon fibers to decrease weight and increase the efficiency of blades.
- According to the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), Europe is the second-largest producer of automobiles in recent years. This, along with the continuous research and development activities in the sector, has been increasing the demand for hybrid fabrics in Europe, especially for luxury and sports cars.
- Increasing industrialization, growing expansions in the defense sector, and rising sports applications are expected to drive the market for hybrid fabric through the years to come in the region.
The global hybrid fabric market is partially consolidated in nature, with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are Toray Industries, Inc., Solvay, Royal DSM NV, SGL Group, and Hexcel Corporation, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support