The global heat resistant polymer market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 6%, over the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are superior protection for complex electrical components and high demand in aerospace and automotive industries.
- High cost of materials is likely to hinder the markets growth.
- Increasing application in motor brush card are likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Aerospace Industry
- Aerospace companies are continuously engaging in the research & development of advanced polymers in order to increase the fuel efficiency of the vehicles by replacing conventional and traditional materials.
- Metals decompose when exposed to fluids or salts. However, temperature resistant polymers don’t behave in such way and thus, are considered as the lightweight substitutes for metals. Fuel systems engine components, coolant systems, sockets, transmission components and brake systems are some of the prominent parts where these polymers are used.
- With the increasing security concerns and increasing commercial use of aircraft as a medium of conveyance, the demand for aircraft has been increasing across the world. With this, various aircraft production orders have been lined up for delivery in the coming years.
- For instance, according to Boeing, by 2038, the deliverables of commercial aircraft are expected to reach about 17,390 units in the Asia Pacific, 9,130 units in North America and about 8,990 units in Europe.
- Hence, with the production of aircraft to deliver the aircraft orders from the defense as well as the aviation industry, the demand for heat resistant polymer is projected to increase worldwide, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. In the region, China is the largest economy, in terms of GDP. China is one of the fastest emerging economies and has become one of the biggest production houses in the world, today. The country’s manufacturing sector is one of the major contributors to the country’s economy.
- The Chinese aircraft industry depicted significant growth over the years. According to Boeing, China is estimated to require around 7,600 new commercial aircraft, valued at USD 1.2 trillion, over the next two decades.
- Foreign investment in China has also been extended into the aviation sector, which is projected to register a CAGR of 6%, owing to China’s geographical location, which provides easy access to the industrial goods markets in the neighboring countries, as well as, other countries globally, making it a major access point for manufacturers and suppliers.
- China is the largest manufacturer of automobiles in the world. The country’s automotive sector has been shaping up for product evolution, with the country focusing on manufacturing products, in order to ensure fuel economy, and to minimize emissions (owing to the growing environmental concerns due to mounting pollution in the country).
- The production is expected to reach 30 million units by 2020, owing to the “Made in China 2025” initiative support in upgrading the existing low-cost mass production to higher value-added advanced manufacturing. “Automobile Mid and Long-Term Development Plan”, was released in 2017, with an objective to make China a strong auto power in the next ten years.
- Due to all such factors, the market for heat resistant polymer in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
The heat resistant polymer market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, Celanese Corporation, DuPont, and DIC CORPORATION, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support