The Germany Automotive Parts Die Casting Market is projected to grow with a CAGR of more than 6 % during the forecast period.
- Owing to the high demand of automobiles in the region, Germany is one of the largest markets for automobiles in the world. the presence of leading automobile manufacturers as well as the component manufacturers is driving the growth in the region.
- However, because of the ongoing trade war between United States and China, the economy is expected to be heading towards a recession and the automobile sales are expected to witness a downfall for a couple of years until the end of trade tensions.
- With the increase in adoption of light weight ferrous materials to reduce the weight of automobile, majorly driven by the stringent policies imposed by CAFÉ standards to cut emission and increase fuel efficiency of the vehicle is driving growth in the market.
- Rules imposed by OSHA and NADCA policies to improve the technical workforce are expected to improve production standards in the die casting industry.
Key Market Trends
Magnesium Die Casting Grows with Highest CAGR
Owing to the availability of magnesium in the region along with its properties such as light in weight and most pliable metal, use of magnesium die casting is increasing with a very high rate. In 2018, United States became third largest producer globally, of Magnesium with production around 50,000 tonnes.
The automobile manufacturers are using light weight components for vehicles in engine as well as other body parts to reduce the overall weight of the vehicle and increase the fuel efficiency to attract more demand. The demand for pressure die-castings made from magnesium alloys is growing as they for natural reasons have a relatively low self-weight, can be formed into complex parts and manufactured at relatively low costs
Magnesium alloys can form a great shield against electromagnetic and radio interference, despite their high conductive qualities. For this reason, Magnesium alloy products, are used frequently in EMI shielding in vehicle parts.
Cost Issues and Resource Inefficiencies
Die-casting involves sophisticated gating technology, and the level of complexity varies with the pressure of injected molten material. Casting cost varies as per the requirements and changes in material content, net-shape capability and complexity, tooling, and conversion costs. Die-cast tooling is also often regarded as the biggest in terms of cost and die-cast engineering involves a significant degree of capital that is required for developing suitable gating systems. In addition, the initial costs are also substantially huge for making and manufacturing a suitable non-ferrous die-cast part required by the end-user industries. The gestation period for the investment incurred is also longer due to the implementation of several capital-intensive advanced tools and machineries in the production process.
Although dies have a relatively long wear life and could be economically used in large production facilities, the high start-up cost makes it costlier than conventional vehicle component production. High precision equipment and the extension of casting technologies are increasingly being employed to improve the stability and quality of the component. Thus, the cost involved is significantly high for making and manufacturing suitable die-cast components required for the automotive, industrial and electronic applications.
The Germany Automotive Parts Die Casting Market is fragmented, with many players accounting for a small market share. Some of the prominent companies in Germany Automotive Parts Die Casting Marketare and others. The major players in the country are entering into strategic partnership with global leaders to gain considerable market share.
In September 2019, Largest global manufacturer of medium-and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions Allison Transmission Holdings Inc has acquired Walker Die Casting and CandR Tool and Engineering in a deal worth approximately USD 103 million
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support