The Global Hygiene Market is forecasted to register a CAGR of 5.2 % during the forecast period (2019-2024).
- Increasing awareness on female health and hygiene, and emergence of low cost feminine hygiene products are factors that are expected to boost demand for feminine hygiene products during the forecast period. The demand for high-end products such as tampons and internal cleansers & sprays is more in developed regions such as North America and Western Europe
- Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market owing to higher penetration of sanitary pads in this region. Though menstrual hygiene is still at nascent stage in Asia. Personal hygiene awareness campaigns taken up by government agencies have contributed an increase in demand for sanitary products in this region. Some manufacturers use low quality raw materials to produce hygiene products which is the causing concern for the increase in the female allergies and vaginal infections. This has led to more awareness recalls, particularly, in the developing countries.
Scope of the Report
Global feminine hygiene market is segmented by product type into, sanitary pads/napkins, tampons, menstrual cups, panty liners and others. By distribution channel the market is segmented into supermarket/hypermarket, convenience stores, drug stores/pharmacies and others.
Key Market Trends
Sanitary Pads Holds A Largest Market Share
The usage of Sanitary Pads and Tampons by Women will be increasing in the couple of years. Globally, more and more women are getting educated about the female hygiene products. Asia-pacific market still prefers sanitary pads whereas the Americans prefer tampons. Various kinds of sanitary napkins/pads like with wings, great absorbents, thin pads, cotton filled pads, scented pads, etc. can be seen in all types of supermarkets and even convenience stores. Moreover, there’s a growing number of promotions, educational classes, use of social media and various initiatives taken by government and NGO entities, to increase the awareness of the benefits of using of hygiene product such as sanitary napkins among women.
Asia-Pacific Emerges As The Largest Growing Market
The population of Asia-Pacific is huge and is even growing. Various companies have introduced different kinds of brands of hygiene products for various economic sections of the society. China’s local Sanitary Pads market emerges as the largest market followed by The United States. Though the awareness about the hygiene products is less in the Asian markets but has the potential to be tapped or explored by various companies. Basically, owing to the low per capita incomes of the people in Asia compared to the Americans and Europeans, many hygiene products like sanitary napkins and tampons are unaffordable. Americans and Europeans, can therefore, afford Tampons which are a little costly than sanitary napkins. Hence, there is a growing market for tampons in North America.
Global Feminine Hygiene Market is a highly fragmented market dominated by many small-scale and large-scale firms. Some of the major companies are Procter and Gamble, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Unicharm Corporation, Johnson & Johnson and Brait(Lil-Lets). The Procter & Gamble primarily manufactures laundry and cleaning products for home care, oral care products, as well as products in the cosmetics and personal care sector. It offers feminine hygiene products under the brands, such as Tampax, Always Discreet, and Always.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support