“The construction films market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2017 to 2022.”
The construction films market is projected to grow from USD 10.62 billion in 2017 to USD 13.24 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2017 to 2022. The key factor that is expected to drive the construction films market is the increasing need for recyclable and UV resistant films. The increasing use of plastic films in the construction industry as water barriers is also driving the market. Construction films are used below the concrete floors and act as a water barrier. They are also used in roofing applications where they provide water and frost resistance. The films are easy to apply and provide a maintenance-free solution with minimum errors.
“Based on type, the LLDPE segment is projected to lead the construction films market, in terms of value and volume, during the forecast period.”
There is a high demand for LLDPE films, owing to their wide application coupled with their superior properties, such as high impact & tensile strength and heat seal ability. PP/BOPP is projected to be the fastest-growing type segment due to its wide application as a vapor barrier.
“Among applications, the barriers & protective segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, in terms of value and volume, during the forecast period.”
The substantial increase in the demand for films from the construction industry to conserve energy and block UV light to fight damage to furnishings due to fading is driving the construction films market. These films also help contain broken glass that enhances safety and security. The installation of these films is expected to grow due to the increasing concerns over safety and security, in both the residential and commercial constructions.
“The APAC construction films market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, in terms of value and volume, between 2017 and 2022.”
The Asia Pacific construction films market is projected grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. China, Japan, and India are the major markets for construction films in the region. The APAC construction films market is expected to witness the highest growth, owing to the growth of the construction industry. The shift of manufacturing facilities to countries, such as India, China, and to Southeast Asian countries due to a suitable business environment, along with cheap labor is expected to fuel the growth of the APAC construction films market.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided into the following 3 categories:
• By Company Type- Tier 1 - 35%, Tier 2 - 45%, and Tier 3 - 20%
• By Designation- C Level - 25%, Director Level - 10%, and Others - 65%
• By Region- Asia Pacific - 50%, Europe - 30%, North America - 10%, Middle East & Africa - 5%, and Latin America - 5%
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the profiles of the companies listed below:
• Raven (US)
• Saint-Gobain (France)
• Berry Global Group (Lithuania)
• Toray Industries (Japan)
• Eastman Chemical (Switzerland)
• RKW SE (Germany)
• Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings (Japan)
• DuPont Teijin Films (US)
• E. I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company (US)
• SKC (South Korea)
This report covers the construction films market and forecasts the size of the market till 2022. The report includes the segmentation of the construction films market based on type, application, and region. The Porter’s Five Forces analysis, along with drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities of the construction films market have been discussed in the report. The report also provides company profiles and competitive benchmarking adopted by the major players operating in the construction films market.
Benefits of Buying the Report
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in the construction films market in the following ways:
• This report segments the construction films market comprehensively and provides closest approximations of revenues for the overall market and its subsegments across different verticals and regions.
• The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities of the construction films market.
• This report is also expected to help stakeholders understand their competitors and gain insights to improve their position in the construction films market. The competitive landscape section includes an ecosystem of competitors and detailed information on new product launches, expansions, joint ventures, and acquisitions.