“The video encoder market to exhibit a moderate growth between 2017 and 2023”
The video encoder market is valued at USD 1.70 billion in 2017 and is likely to grow at a CAGR of 4.26% between 2017 and 2023. The key factors driving the growth of the market include the ease of connecting analog cameras to the network, the use of cloud services to store a large amount of data, and the adoption of high-efficiency video coding (HEVC) standard for video encoding. On the other hand, the rise in OTT services may hinder the growth of the video encoder market.
“Broadcast application to hold a major share of the video encoder market between 2017 and 2023”
The broadcast application held the largest share of the video encoder market in 2016 followed by surveillance. The need to stream videos over the Internet without interruption is continuously increasing. One of the major reasons behind the use of video encoders in the broadcast application is the increasing demand for ultra-high definition (UHD) or 4K videos to transmit content over a small bandwidth. Video encoders are also used in surveillance application as it allows an existing analog CCTV system to be integrated with a network camera system. The verticals covered under surveillance application include retail, transportation, commercial, residential, institutional, and military and defense.
“The video encoder market in RoW to grow at a high rate in the coming years”
The video encoder market in RoW is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The Middle East, Africa, and South America are some of the major countries driving the growth of the video encoder market in RoW. The video encoder market in RoW is expected to grow significantly because of various factors; government initiatives to implement surveillance cameras in applications such as infrastructure, commercial, and industrial as well as the adoption of encoders by the broadcasters to deliver superior video quality to the subscribers.
Breakdown of the profile of the primary participants:
• By Company Type: Tier 1—24%, Tier 2—31%, and Tier 3—45%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives—44%, Directors—19%, and Managers—37%
• By Region: North America—38%, APAC—28%, Europe—26%, and RoW—8%
Major key players operating in the video encoder market include Harmonic Inc. (US), Telairity, Inc. (US), Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Co., Ltd (China), Axis Communications AB (Sweden), Haivision Systems Inc. (US) & (Canada), Dahua Technology Co., Ltd. (China), ARRIS International plc (US), Bosch Security Systems GmbH (Germany), ATEME SA. (France), Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. (Canada), The Vitec Group plc (UK), and Delta Digital Video (US).
In this report, various segments such as the number of channels, type, application and geography of the video encoder market have been covered. It also discusses key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges pertaining to the market. The report gives a detailed view of the market across four main regions: North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW (comprising South America, the Middle East, and Africa).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
• This report includes the market statistics pertaining to the number of channels, type, application, and geography.
• The major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the video encoder market have been detailed in this report.
• Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for markets based on the number of channels, type, application, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the market.
• A detailed competitive landscape has been provided that includes key players, revenue of key players, and strategic developments, among others.