The United States adhesives and sealants market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 8%, over the forecast period. Increasing demand form packaging industry is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Growing popularity of bio-based adhesives is likely to create opportunities for the market’s growth in the future.
- Stringent environmental regulations regarding VOC emissions is likely to hinder the market’s growth.
- By end-user industry, the paper, board, and packaging segment dominated the market.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage of Acrylic Water Borne Adhesives
- Water-borne acrylic adhesives are considered as an environmentally friendly and economically feasible substitute to solvent-based adhesives. The major advantage of water-borne adhesives is the absence of volatile organic compounds.
- The properties of the acrylics include durability, color retention, quick-drying, environmentally friendly, impact-resistant, etc. Acrylics are majorly used on exterior and interior surfaces, such as on frames, doors, wall surfaces, trim, etc.
- Acrylics can be applied to areas, such as primed metals, direct to metal applications, wood, and masonry surfaces. Acrylics are also used directly to metal or as a topcoat for many colors and gloss levels.
- The application of the acrylics includes bonding wood, paper, wall panel bonding, sealing (grouts), textiles bonding, paper stamps, leather tile envelopes, labels, etc. Acrylics are used by various end-user industries, such as buildings and construction, woodworking and joinery, paper, board, packaging, etc.
- Furthermore, acrylics are majorly used by paper, board, and packaging industries. Packaging industry dominates the demand for acrylic adhesives with numerous applications in products, such as tapes, labels, cases, and cartons.
- Factors, such as e-commerce, online food deliveries, and innovation and development in the packaging industry has been driving the growth of the packaging industry in the country.
Rising Demand from Building and Construction Industry
- Adhesives and sealants have been extensively used in the building and construction industry owing to their characteristics and physical properties. These properties include good adhesion and elasticity, cohesion, high cohesive strength, flexibility, the high elastic modulus of the substrate, resistance from thermal expansion, and environmental resistance from UV light, corrosion, saltwater, rain, and other weathering conditions.
- They have a myriad of applications. They are used in heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), concrete, joint cement, manufactured housing, resilient flooring, roofing, wall covering, pre-finish panels, drywall lamination, joints in exterior walls, spandrels, repair of larger cracks, the perimeter of doors and fixed window frames, etc.
- The construction industry in the United States continued to expand, owing to a strong economy and positive market fundamentals for commercial real estate, along with an increase in federal and state funding for public works and institutional buildings.
- The US residential sector’s growth is slower than the non-residential sector. In the country, the growing population is expected to boost the demand for housing. Furthermore, about 20 million households are projected to be constructed over the next decade. The US commercial construction sector is expected to witness growth in the next few years.
- All the aforementioned factors, in turn, are expected to boost the demand for adhesives and sealants in the country during the forecast period.
The United States adhesives and sealants market is a consolidated market with many healthy competitions in the market. The major companies include 3M, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Sika AG, Arkema Group, and H.B. Fuller Company, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support