“The transplant diagnostics market projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4%.”
The global transplant diagnostics market is projected to reach USD 4.91 billion by 2023 from USD 3.44 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 7.4%. Increasing number of transplantation procedures, technological advancements in the field of transplant diagnostics, increasing public-private funding for target research activities, and growing burden of infectious diseases are some of the factors responsible for the growth of this market. However, high procedural cost for next-generation sequencing (NGS) and PCR-based diagnostics assays and limited availability of reimbursements for target procedures are expected to limit the optimal adoption of transplant diagnostics during the forecast period.
“The molecular assay technologies segment is poised to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period.”
On the basis of technology, the transplant diagnostics market is segmented into molecular (PCR based assay and sequencing based assay technologies) and non-molecular assays. The molecular assay technology segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the technological benefits of molecular assays such as low turnaround time, high procedural efficacy, study of multiple samples, and real-time sample analysis.
“Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period.”
Geographically, the transplant diagnostics market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. The highest CAGR for the APAC transplant diagnostics market can be attributed to the increasing adoption of cutting-edge diagnostic technologies among medical professionals, rapid rise in geriatric population (especially in Japan and China), and universal government healthcare coverage in Japan (including for transplantation & related diagnostic procedures).
Breakdown of supply-side primary interviews: by company type, designation, and region:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 25%, Tier 2 – 30% and Tier 3 – 45%
• By Designation – C-level – 26%, Director-level – 30%, Others – 44%
• By Region – North America - 34%, Europe – 26%, APAC – 23%, RoW – 17%
The global transplant diagnostics market is competitive, with a large number of global and local players. In 2017, the market was dominated by Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (US), F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands), and Immucor, Inc. (US). Product launches, market expansions, strategic acquisitions, and partnerships, agreements, & collaborations were the major strategies adopted by market players to achieve growth in the market.
This report studies the transplant diagnostics market based on technology, product, transplant type, application, and end user. The report also studies factors (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) affecting the market growth. It analyzes opportunities and challenges in the market for stakeholders and provides details of the competitive landscape for the market leaders. Furthermore, the report analyzes micromarkets with respect to their individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total market. The report forecasts the revenue of the market segments with respect to four main regions.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insights perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry trends, market share analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the transplant diagnostics market, and high-growth regions and countries and their respective drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn help firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the major players in the transplant diagnostics market. The report analyzes the transplant diagnostics market based on technology, product, transplant type, application, end user, and region
• Product Development: Detailed insights on the research and development activities and product launches in the transplant diagnostics market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various transplant diagnostics across geographies.
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the transplant diagnostics market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the transplant diagnostics market