“Scratch-resistant glass market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.1% during forecast period.”
The scratch-resistant glass market is estimated to be USD 1.85 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 2.85 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 9.1% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market is the increasing demand for scratch-resistant glass from the smartphones & tablets application. However, the high cost of scratch-resistant glass is restraining growth in other application areas in the construction & infrastructure industry.
“Chemically-strengthened glass is projected to be the fastest-growing product type segment of the scratch-resistant glass market during the forecast period.”
Chemically-strengthened glass provides benefits such as high scratch resistance, better optical clarity, and improved impact absorbance. Chemically-strengthened glass also helps in increasing the aesthetics of the device and is used in a large number of smartphone brands and electronic gadgets.
“Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market for scratch-resistant glass during the forecast period.”
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market for scratch-resistant glass during the forecast period, with China leading the market in 2016. The scratch-resistant glass market in the Asia Pacific region is driven by the increasing consumption of scratch-resistant glass products from the smartphones & tablets and electronics applications.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided into following three categories:
• By Company Type: Tier 1—50%, Tier 2—25%, and Tier 3—25%
• By Designation: C Level—42%, Director Level—33%, and Others—25%
• By Region: North America—17%, Europe—33%, Asia Pacific—42%, and RoW—8%
This report also provides a comprehensive analysis of the companies listed below:
• Corning Incorporated (US)
• Asahi Glass (Japan)
• Nippon Sheet Glass (Japan)
• Guardian Industries (US)
• Monocrystal (Russia)
• Rubicon Technology (US)
• Kyocera Group (Japan)
• Crystalwise Technology (Taiwan)
• Edmund Optics (US)
• Schott AG (Germany)
This report covers the market for scratch-resistant glass and forecasts the market size until 2022. The report includes the market segmentation by product type (chemically-strengthened glass, sapphire glass); application (smartphones & tablets, automotive, interior architecture, electronics, and others); and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa). The Porter’s Five Forces analyses along with drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities have been discussed in the report. The report also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by major players in the scratch-resistant glass market.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. The report segments the scratch-resistant glass market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. The report will help stakeholders better understand competitors and gain insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, partnerships, exhibitions, and mergers & acquisitions.7