The market for poly aluminum chloride is expected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market is its usage on a large scale for the treatment of drinking and wastewater. Furthermore, it is increasingly being used across the pulp and paper and other industries. On the other side, unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the growth of the market.
- The water treatment industry is anticipated to be the largest market for the poly aluminum chloride market during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the overall poly aluminum chloride market, due to the strong presence of the end-user industries generating wastewater, thus, increasing the demand for wastewater treatment.
Key Market Trends
Large Scale Water Treatment to Boost Poly Aluminum Chloride Market
- The global demand for clean drinking water is accelerating, thus, increasing the demand for various methods of drinking water treatment. Poly aluminum chloride escalates the pace of flocculation and coagulation during the procedure of water sanitization. Poly aluminum chloride (PAC) offers various points of interest over conventional coagulants, like alum or iron salts.
- Since PACs are pre-neutralized and have a higher charge thickness than customary coagulants, they coagulate by means of an increasingly effective component, called charge neutralization. This permits PACs to be viable at lower portions than alum or iron salts when one analyzes the real metal being added by the coagulant to the framework.
- The overall industrial wastewater treatment market size is expected to grow from USD 11.4 billion in 2019 to USD 15 billion by 2024.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the poly aluminum chloride market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Poly Aluminum Chloride Market
- Asia-Pacific holds a prominent share in the poly aluminum chloride market, and it is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- The total revenue of bottled water in the region is estimated to be USD 103 billion by 2020. China alone is estimated to accrue a revenue of USD 58.14 billion in the bottled water segment, in 2020.
- In 2019, the industry income of the manufacture of paper and paper items in India was estimated at USD 15.59 billion, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 17.01 billion by 2023.
- The revenue of the personal care industry from South Korea in 2020 is estimated to be USD 8.3 billion, and it is projected to reach a value of USD 11.65 billion by 2024.
- Thus, the rising demand for such products from various industries is expected to drive the market in the region, during the forecast period.
The poly aluminum chloride market is partially fragmented. Some of the players in the market include GEO Specialty Chemicals Inc., Feralco AB, Airedale Chemical, USALCO LLC, and Aditya Birla Chemicals (India) Limited.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support