The patient positioning systems market was valued at USD 990 million in 2017 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% to a USD 1,233.8 million market by 2022. Factors driving this market are increasing incidence of accidents, growing hospital investments, prevalence of non-communicable diseases, and technological advancements in the field of patient positioning. On the other hand, availability of refurbished patient positioning systems and product recalls are restraining the growth of this market.
Accessories segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period
The patient positioning systems market is classified on the basis of products into tables, accessories, and other patient positioning systems. The accessories segment is expected to register highest growth rate during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the increasing preference for single-use patient positioning accessories to maintain hygienic conditions during surgeries.
Awareness about early diagnosis drives growth of the disease diagnosis segment
By application, the patient positioning systems market is segmented into surgeries, disease diagnosis, and cancer therapy. The disease diagnosis segment is expected to register highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth in this segment primarily attributed to increasing awareness about early diagnosis of non-communicable disease and increasing aging population.
North America is account for the largest regional segment in the market
Geographically, the patient positioning systems market is dominated by North America, followed by Europe. The North American region is estimated to account for the largest share in 2017 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The growth in this market can be attributed to the presence of major key players in the region, increasing hospital investment to upgrade operating room equipment and the increasing number of ambulatory surgery centers.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
• By Company Type - Tier 1 – 25 %, Tier 2 – 35% and Tier 3 – 40%
• By Designation – C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40%
• By Region – North America - 43%, Europe – 19%, APAC – 29%, RoW – 9%
Key players operating in the patient positioning systems market include Getinge AB (Sweden), Hill-Rom, Inc. (U.S.), Stryker Corporation (U.S.), Steris Plc. (U.S.), Span-America Medical Systems, Inc. (U.S.), Skytron, LLC. (U.S.), Elekta AB (Sweden), C-RAD (Sweden), LEONI AG (Germany), and Mizuho OSI (U.S.).
The report analyses the patient positioning systems market by products, applications, end users, and regions. Apart from comprehensive geographic and product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides the competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the report profiles companies with product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by key players to maintain and increase their shares in the market. The above-mentioned market research data, market size, and forecast of the future trends will help key market players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions to be successful in the market.
Benefits of Buying this Report:
This report will enable both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help these firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the five strategies mentioned below to strengthen their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following strategies:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the patient positioning systems market. The report analyzes the patient positioning systems market by product, application and end user
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the patient positioning systems market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various patient positioning systems products across geographies
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the patient positioning systems market