North American market for halal food and beverages is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period (2020 to 2025).
- Halal food items have become popular amongst both Muslim and non-Muslim consumers as they have evolved from being an identification mark of religious observation to the assurance of food safety, hygiene and reliability.
- Moreover, the flourishing e-commerce industry has facilitated consumers with easy accessibility of halal-certified food products.
- The presence of multinational manufacturers and exporters of halal food and beverages in the region is another major factor driving the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Halal Based Food
The Muslim population is increasing, so is the demand for food products that are halal certified. The market is growing due to the demand for healthy food such as processed meat, bakery products and other food prepared according to strict Islamic dietary laws and thus foods are considered healthy and hygienic when compared to non-halal foods. The halal food and beverage sector has grown substantially during recent years owing to the halal certification that meets the increased need for quality assurance. Also, multinational food producers continue to get the halal certification, indicating the sector’s broader viability.
United States Dominates the Market
The growing knowledge about personal health and nutrition among non-Muslims Americans promotes halal food and beverages, which is based on the idea of clean, fresh, and hygienic, food & beverages. The consumers are more open to adopting unconventional food domains like halal food as a result of increasing awareness regarding nutritional benefits. However, strict rules and regulations are imposed by the government to regulate the halal food industry, and for controlling mislabeling and deceptive practices. The sales and distribution of products in the United States happen primarily through organized and modern retail channels.
The North America halal food and beverage market is highly competitive with several players competing to get a major share in the market. The major manufacturers operating in the market are focusing on expanding their presence and developing various flavors in various product segments, partnerships and mergers and acquisitions in order to cater to the needs of consumers. The key players are Nestle SA, American Foods Group, LLC, Midamar Corporation and Halal Snacks LLC among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support