North America Dairy Ingredients Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.89% during the forecast period, 2020-2025.
- Dairy ingredients are substances that are extracted from dairy products and are used to give texture and flavor to the food and beverages. These are stored in dry, concentrated, and liquid forms. Dairy ingredients provide emulsification, fat holding, viscosity creation, and gel formation.
- The rising health and wellness concerns among the consumers facilitated by the growing participation in sports have led to the enhanced usage of dairy ingredients in the supplements industry.
- Increased consumption of dairy ingredients is being observed in vegetarians, as dairy serves as the primary source of protein and nutrition in their diet.
- · However, the presence of alternatives, such as plant proteins, as well as the increasing instances of lactose intolerance and milk allergies are some of the barriers for the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Sports and Clinical Nutrition is Expected to Foster Market Growth
The consumers, especially the millennials, and gym enthusiasts are focusing on increasing strength and enhanced recovery of the body after a workout. Moreover, consumers and athletes are looking for natural and less processed nutritional solutions with proven benefits. This factor is providing the ingredient manufacturers with the opportunity to introduce high-protein products with multiple benefits, which appeal to the athletes and gym enthusiasts. For instance, in October 2018, Arla Food launched Protein Extreme, a protein shot made with Lacprodan, Hydro.365, a high-quality whey protein hydrolysate of the company. The drink was designed to meet the needs of the athletes and gym-goers as it promotes muscle recovery after exercise. It contains superior amino acids and has a fast absorption rate.
United States Dominates the Dairy Ingredients Market in the Region
The North American region has a major consumption of bakery products as a part of their traditional food habits. The United States, with a large population of high-income families stands apart in the competition and registers the largest volumes of bakery product consumption and sales, in the region. Thus, for the bakery products that feature dairy ingredients, flavor innovations as well as clean labels and environmentally friendly dynamics are the trending factors.
Dairy trends in the bakery are all about imparting a rich creamy flavor and mouthfeel to baked products, which gives a premium and indulgent eating experience to the consumer. Farbest Brands from the country offers a range of dairy proteins that are minimally processed, come from dairy cows fed a pasture-based diet, are not processed with GMOs, and are intact proteins. These products are ideal for use in bakery, as a soy-free addition to quick bread, protein-enhanced cakes, etc.
North America dairy ingredients market is fragmented with the presence of several global as well as domestic players. The major opportunity for the players to grab the market is by launching innovative solutions to cater to the inflated demand for cheese production and use in sports and clinical nutrition. The versatility and the cost of ingredients also play a major role in laying a heavy brand foundation.
The global players have a strong hand due to their brand image and are, therefore, indulging in mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships with the local food industries to capture the regional market. Some of the major players in the dairy ingredients market in North America are Dairy Farmers of America, Saputo Inc., Arla Foods Ingredient Group P/S, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Koninklijke DSM NV, Ingredion Incorporated, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Cargill Incorporated, and Bioprox, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support